Trend following EA - page 5

0.2 works with IBFX...I can confirm profit, thus far.

but I have it on 6 pairs and I have a wild child on my hands...0.2 may be too much against 1K & 6 Pairs: (GBP/USD, EUR/CHF, AUD/CAD, NZD/JPY, GBP/CHF, AUD/JPY, NZD/USD & EUR/CAD)

ES

fxsterling:
The EA has been profitable for me so far however I think I found a bug. I have it set for .10 lots and the money management is set to false. However it opened a trade for 1 standard lot!!! Please let me know about this. Thanks, Ron

So, is anyone else finding the bug? I have .10 lots and money management set to false but it's opening trades at 1 lot. I don't think the money management part is working. I have it set to false and on .10 lots but it's opening trades at 1 lot and more. Can it be fixed? Thanks, Ron

fxsterling:
So, is anyone else finding the bug? I have .10 lots and money management set to false but it's opening trades at 1 lot. I don't think the money management part is working. I have it set to false and on .10 lots but it's opening trades at 1 lot and more. Can it be fixed? Thanks, Ron

I just looked at this thread frm the beginning and I see that some people are using this Ea with 0.01 lot size and it works fine, the other people are using 0.1 or 0.2 lot size and it is working as well. May be their MM=true ... I did not attach this EA to the chart but as I see from many people's reply so it works.

I have MM= "false" and I set the lots to 0.2 with IBFX and I am getting trades with 0.2....I really do not know why it works for me...perhaps the bug is broker dependent?...or something to do with mini or standard accounts...

ES

initial stop loss

Does anyone know why this EA does not set an initial stop loss and how to go about fixing it?

Thanks

slope settings

This is my first post to any of the forums I have been reading for the last three weeks. so please forgive me for being a little naive. I am wondering why we would have such a long setting of 80 on the slope of the signal line. When I change it to say 25 it follows the trend much closer and I would think generate more positive trades especially with the ADX filtering the flat spots.

I was using Fibonacci trader before coming over to Metatrader it was a GUI friendly platform but too limiting in system setups. One that I used that I found was 97% backtesting profitable was using a 3 day T3ma and a 8 day T3ma combined with the ADX as a filter. This system is similar to what I was doing there and is why it intrigues me.

hatman:
This is my first post to any of the forums I have been reading for the last three weeks. so please forgive me for being a little naive. I am wondering why we would have such a long setting of 80 on the slope of the signal line. When I change it to say 25 it follows the trend much closer and I would think generate more positive trades especially with the ADX filtering the flat spots. I was using Fibonacci trader before coming over to Metatrader it was a GUI friendly platform but too limiting in system setups. One that I used that I found was 97% backtesting profitable was using a 3 day T3ma and a 8 day T3ma combined with the ADX as a filter. This system is similar to what I was doing there and is why it intrigues me.

Stop loss also depend on the timeframe. Meanwhile 80 pips could be huge for M5/m15 or h1m it's not for h4 or daily.

Also we have the currency volatility input.

80 pips for GBPUSD could be modified to 50 for EURUSD or 150 for GBPCHF and son on.

Bid-Point*TrailingStop

this is your stoploss calculation. Do you want it changed to just a fixed

stop loss?

I see a parameter named "UseStopLoss". Default is false. Trivial question: have you set it to true?

I did not test this EA yet.

But if I test so I will use stop loss.

Reason: