Trend following EA - page 2

Hello,

I will forward test this coming week.

Is there a way to separate results by using only one demo account with different EAs?

hu-man.. I also have other EA's running on my demo... I load the results into excel & separate by the comments this EA gives.

how do you have the EA post comments into excel to separate? Thx

Hi Bob, can you explain what the input values definitions mean? i.e. short ema, longema, trendema, immediate trade, MM, risk?

Thx,jh

What the setting mean

Much of this can be determined from reading the code but here goes.

Long and Short EMA --> The EA checks for these to cross to trigger an entry signal. Default setting were '5' and '3'.

Trend EMA --> Is used to determine the longer term trend direction. I currently '50' periods

MM --> is money management. If enabled then the EA wil automatically increase or decrease lot size as the account balance grows or falls.

Risk --> Linked to MM. The higher the value the greater the %age of accout balance is risked on each trade.

Timeframe ?

Hi, what timeframe chart should this EA be attached to ? Thanks

looked at the code but I'm a neophyte programmer in the making...

immediate_trade? is currently set for false. what does this do?

risk? is this a value between 1-10? if 5 is used what does this mean?

sorry for all the questions but just want to help. I'm forward testing it since Sun...

this is based on cross, so immediate trade means its 'right now' if everthing fits the paramenters. Risk is a % to determine lot size. I don't use that feature much on any ea.

Hi All..

here are the updated results

trendfollowingea.pdf

Files:

Hi Suzanne, what settings are you using, broker, & starting equity?

here are my results...