Trend following EA - page 6

thanks nd. Good ea for testing. not complicated but very well written.

Where did this EA go?

Looked like this EA had a lot of potential. Did it beome something else, did something replace it?

no , it worked fine. I just moved on to different stuff. ( Not enough options in the entry or options in the exits. )

However, I think because folks thought it was simple that it wasn't very good and thought through... It actually works fairly well. Like any ea on the forum it has 1 or 2 weeknesses to get through. I am surprised more folks didn't test it out and this showed up again after a year.. Its a pure trend ea obviously.

dear all,

I am (forward)testing this EA since a couple of days. Settings as per .tpl attached. It works particulary well in strong trading markets. I'll keep it on board for a couple of weeks to see how it behaves. But is there not a more reliable way to detect the trend than a MA?

Files:

I don't think there are too many ways to detect trend outside of MA --(nonlag, heiken ash or whatever you think is the latest and greatest. ..). I have not much luck with RSI, stoch, cci etcc to forecast turns. It looks pretty when it works but too limited to forecast the peaks for a good run.

most of these posts in the elite section are aged.

What is the latest on this EA?

Is there an update since 2006?

What is the most promising EA in the Elite section today?

DPH

I back tested this EA on eurusd with great result. Then I looked into the codes and found the issue: current bar is used in the calcualtion. Backtest has no value for an EA which uses current bar in calculation.

pooh123

Thanks for this great EA.

Ema cross 32 EA (from the first post of this thread) updated for new mql : ema_cross_32_nmc.mq4

Files: