Trend following EA - page 7

poohguo:

I back tested this EA on eurusd with great result. Then I looked into the codes and found the issue: current bar is used in the calcualtion. Backtest has no value for an EA which uses current bar in calculation.

pooh123

Backtest not working on MT4 he using multi-time frame check.

It's a good starting point for EA looking for developer to implement some logic, like dinamic stop loss, using Ema and Atr.

Time confluence and follow trend it's good but we need to TP when trend reverse.

The concept it's good. 

Is there a mql5 version of this ea?

wyrsav:

Exit criteria

Using the alignment of an up or down trend across 4 different timeframes an dthen using a short timeframe as an entry trigger is a good entry for this EA (IMO) however where I think it needs further development is in how and when it exits.

This is something that I did not crack during my initial development and testing.

Any ideas?

Well, perhaps you already saw that or not, it's just an idea.Closing a position on any HTF then M5 when faster MA is crossing slower MA again in a reversal manner- that is in opposite direction of the entry.

Hi,  SuzanneFX.  First let me say I am glad that this EA is working for you.  I have used your default setting on a 4 Hr chart GBP/CHF mainly. Sadly to say My results are not even close like yours.  I am wondering where I have gone wrong.  I have settings :  TP=160, TS=40, SL=120, use stop loss=true, magic num=288, short EMA=3, long ema=5, Trend EMA=50, immediate trade=false lots= 0.01, mm=true, risk=3. 

It seems I have lost over $200 on demo in a 4hr window about 50 trades were made in this window and no more for the day accept one on the usd/gbp pair.  most were whopping losers.  Im not sure whats going on.  Starting balance was $1000.  Any insight from anyone would be much appreciated.  Thanks. 

SuzanneFX
SuzanneFX
  • www.mql5.com
Added topic EA Help Needed - Closing Existing Orders Hi.. I have been working with an indicator and was able to create an EA that opens an order based on the indicator which says "Buy" or "Sell". I am not a programmer and was quite happy to see the EA place the order. I can not however figure out how

To all readers, change EMA values is using different time frame. For example

Original:

extern int ShortEma = 3;
extern int LongEma  = 5;
extern int TrendEma = 50;

become 

extern int ShortEma_M15 = 6;
extern int LongEma_M15  = 10;
extern int TrendEma_M15 = 10;

extern int ShortEma_M30 = 3;
extern int LongEma_M30  = 5;
extern int TrendEma_M30 = 50;
Files:
time_frame.png  53 kb

I recently started with Forex.

I am a programmer and I found this strategy that I liked a lot. I'm going to take it, try to improve it and try. If someone continues to use it or improve it, I will appreciate your advice.

What occurs to me for now is to measure the strength of the trend with several ADX (25,35,56 for example) or if the ADX are increasing to confirm an entry.

Reason: