MQL4 Learning - page 5

How do you load in templates?

I know how to load in presets, but I how do you load a template for an EA? Thanks.

Newbie needs MT4 help

First time DL and about to use MT4. Help files are no real help. I just need to be shown, once I hope,

1) HOW TO input a pre-written indicator from this forum into MT4 and have it work,

2) how to pass on the data via DDE into Omega Prosuite/Metastock. I have enabled DDE in MT4, but nothing happening over the border in Omega/Metastock

Appreciate the advice given re. shonky brokers too. Seems FXDD are fair enough to start with?

Thanks for your time any help.

Not sure about answer to number two but to use an indicator just put the file in your 'indicators' folder in the root of your MT4 installation for example C:/MT4/experts/indicators

Then restart MT4 and you're set.

I'm sure somebody else will be able to help you with your second question.

Regards

Lux

Dde

celdred2:
First time DL and about to use MT4. Help files are no real help. I just need to be shown, once I hope,

1) HOW TO input a pre-written indicator from this forum into MT4 and have it work,

2) how to pass on the data via DDE into Omega Prosuite/Metastock. I have enabled DDE in MT4, but nothing happening over the border in Omega/Metastock

Appreciate the advice given re. shonky brokers too. Seems FXDD are fair enough to start with?

Thanks for your time any help.

I knew this link is not related with your question....but hope this can help you out

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173110

maybe codersguru can help you...

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

Thank you for that. So easy, why the hey doesn't the Help say so?

Anyone help with DDE from the 3rd Party side?

Thanks again, appreciated.

function to convert real data to modeling control points

Someone has a function that convert real data to modeling control points used to test EA ?

..., when i test EA i use "Method of modeling control points ", when i test EA for forward-testing on market i use real data, now : if EA uses data (converted from real data) used for testing I have the same results of testing

can you hep me ?

thank you, and happy new year

giapel

MQL - Drawing Trend Line segments

I'm writing up an indicator based on TDMovingAverage (a moving average which hides during ranged markets and shows during trending markets). Could anyone give me some hints on how best to draw this?

Is there some constant I can use when setting the indicator value so it doesn't get drawn? I was toying around with DRAW_LINE using Dot objects and just setting the dots to 0 when in ranging markets. This effectively hides them but I'd still like to investigate using lines.

Thanks in advance.

Converting a MT4 system template to eSignal and Metastock

I need a professional to convert a system in metatrader to esignal and metastock softwares. The prize is the rules to the system.

Mql4 learn

hi, I come from deutschland and want to learn mql4 for metatrader, but there are only English examples of it.

can somebody say to me where I find something in German?

External Ordertool for MT4 ?

Hi,

I think Metatrader is really one of the best chart and analysistool around but the ordermask is poor compared to other "one-click-platforms". Therefore I want to know if anyone has an external ordertool for Metatrader. I need something where I can open more than one order window and just use one click to enter a trade (default stop -like oanda offers- is also important).

Does an ordertool like that exits? Or is anyone able to programme it using the Metatrader-API? If somebody can do this programming, please contact me for more details and your price.

Thank you!

Marcus

Reason: