Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 69

shaze:
Hi again, I tried the newer version, but it's the same problem. I checked the journal, the following message comes up a thousand of times:

That is a back-test journal?

Yes, it is.

shaze:
Yes, it is.

Then either you have a problem with back test data or your starting date is to close to today.

This is how I was using it in back test (if you use every tick you are going to wait for ages to have results from a back-test : that is one of the "presents" that the new metatrader 4 has given us - that is why I used the control points only)

Files:

Hi mladen, thank you for your answers. The problem is solved, I think it was my data or something else.

Now I checked the EA between January and March 2013 (M5, EURUSD), but it opened only 2 trades. Is that normal?

Here are my settings:

2014.03.11 15:14:29.583

Electra v1.18 nmc inputs:

StopAfterNoTrades=0;

EntryType=1;

UseAutomaticMM=1;

Risk=0.5; Lot=0.25;

ATRBreakeven=1;

ATRPartialClose=4;

ATRStoploss=1.5;

UsePartialExit=1;

DaysATR=20;

EcnBroker=1;

SpreadProtection=1;

PipTolerance=2;

UseHiddenSL=1;

EquityTrailing=1;

PercentEquityTrailing=1;

MagicNumber=562907;

PrefSettings=1;

showMessages=1;

showAddInfo=1;

showStatistics=0;

AbsStrengthTimeFrame=5;

MAMode=3; MAPrice=4;
Files:
trades.png  13 kb

shaze:
Hi mladen, thank you for your answers. The problem is solved, I think it was my data or something else.

Now I checked the EA between January and March 2013 (M5, EURUSD), but it opened only 2 trades. Is that normal?

Here are my settings:

2014.03.11 15:14:29.583

Electra v1.18 nmc inputs:

StopAfterNoTrades=0;

EntryType=1;

UseAutomaticMM=1;

Risk=0.5; Lot=0.25;

ATRBreakeven=1;

ATRPartialClose=4;

ATRStoploss=1.5;

UsePartialExit=1;

DaysATR=20;

EcnBroker=1;

SpreadProtection=1;

PipTolerance=2;

UseHiddenSL=1;

EquityTrailing=1;

PercentEquityTrailing=1;

MagicNumber=562907;

PrefSettings=1;

showMessages=1;

showAddInfo=1;

showStatistics=0;

AbsStrengthTimeFrame=5;

MAMode=3; MAPrice=4;

shaze

Electra is not a "frequent trader". Sometimes (for some periods) you are going to have more orders and sometimes it will be like the period you tested

Well, thank you for your support!

electra Ea failed in live account

usdcad 5m 30m 3 trades in loss 75 pips

nuzusd 5m 1h 3 trades 2 win one loss the wining trade was stop manual (the profit should be much higher ) - the loss is minimal 10 pips

eurusd 30m

Version 1.16 updated : electra_v1.16_nmc.mq4

Uodates are not just to remove the warnings or compiler errorsm, but also to adapt it to some new ways metatrader works (without those changes, some "mysterious" errors would be reported even when they are not happening at all)

Files:

Updated Electra 1.16 stochastic version : electra_v1.16_stochastic_nmc.mq4

Hi All, I'm planning to test the Electra EA out... but there are so many versions!

First of all on what timeframe can one submit the EA on? 1HR, 4HR, DAILY TF??

I decided to download the Electra V1.18 nmc and the Electra V1.17 nmc and downloaded also AbsoluteStrengthforEA.mq4 indicator (that's all I need I suppose??) to get started. Could somebody tell me what the difference is between the Electra V1.18 nmc and Electra V1.17 nmc?

Also I got the settings from this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page33 Are these the correct settings?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Reason: