MQL4 Learning - page 7

Hi

If you look closely, almost every Account Crasher EA is "crashing" the account after a long series of orders. Statistically, random trading will lose the spread multiplied with the number of trades => after a large number of trades, you will lose all your money.

Let's say that we have the AccountCrasher EA (AC) and the Reversed EA (R).

Day1: AC is losing 50 pips -> R is winning 48 pips. (50-2p spread)

Day2: AC is losing another 100 pips and crashes the account-> R is winning 98 pips. AC has lost everything and R has gained 146 pips. If you stop now, it is ok! But how do you know when to stop??????

Day 3: AC would have win150 pips (if it had any margin) and R will lose 152 pips. So you will lose either way!

Do you see my point?

This idea is not uncommon.

Its a method of trading called "Reversal Trading". People have been doing it for some time in all types of markets.

Here's a thread that may help you out

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174300

Good Luck

Read the article in the link to understand why it will not work:

http://www.iexpertadvisor.com/ib39.asp

-Mikhail

blind hen

Adding my thought to this, I agree with the ney-sayers: if the EA's observations bear no correlation with the price movement, then its trades are random, and they stay random also if reversed. In fact, you may improve the logic until your ears go pointy, and the trades still stay random

ralph.ronnquist:
.... In fact, you may improve the logic until your ears go pointy, and the trades still stay random

Heh, heh, like it!

PS - Live long and prosper!

I Love Forum

Guys I have to thank you all for your inputs.

You have all in your own way given me an insight to the Logics behind EA's. I firmly believe that the dump questions should be asked. And I do take a piece of the cake with this one.

I agree to a certain point that depending on the strategy used it won't work. But I still look into the 1 min and 5min timeframes and see possibilities.

We all have our opinions and so far the majority say nay.

This thread was never to start creating an EA that would turn account crashers into money machines, but it did teach alot to the logic.

Only when fully understood why anything in life doesn't work, can we look at the possible solutions.

I appreciate your inputs

Safe Trades

The Source

Agree

ralph.ronnquist:
Adding my thought to this, I agree with the ney-sayers: if the EA's observations bear no correlation with the price movement, then its trades are random, and they stay random also if reversed. In fact, you may improve the logic until your ears go pointy, and the trades still stay random

I think this statement nailed it and convinced me to an extend.

thanks Ralph

Safe Trades

The Source

EA limit order

I guess the make grid has sell buy limit stop order

Custom Indicator ;max lines allowed?

How many lines (DRAW_LINES) can you have in a below main chart indicator ??

Reason: