MQL4 Learning - page 25

mladen:
Don't know who gave you the advice, but sure he ment this:

1. Change the parameter, compare to the chart, fits to expectations ?, yes? fine, no, go to point 1

Your questions are going toward a BIG question: is there a Holly Grail?

Do you really want to hear the answer?

Ok, thanks, so by changing the third variable, what should I be looking for? I would then compare to the chart but I don't know what it does for me so I don't know what differences to look for Please explain what that variable has affect with?

Thanks

Not sure why you seem to be having difficulty understanding this (I thought my earlier response to your initial query was quite clear). It is simply the number of values (Open, Close, High, Low Prices etc.) used when calculating a function - in this case 'BullPower' but all the built-in functions are the same.

This number has the visual effect of 'smoothing' the line produced by the function - the bigger the number, the smoother the line. Just put a MA on any chart and play with the 'Period' variable. It should then be obvious as to its effect...

Glad to see that at least one of us is having fun

matrixebiz:
Ok, thanks, so by changing the third variable, what should I be looking for? I would then compare to the chart but I don't know what it does for me so I don't know what differences to look for Please explain what that variable has affect with? Thanks

omelette:
Not sure why you seem to be having difficulty understanding this (I thought my earlier response to your initial query was quite clear). It is simply the number of values (Open, Close, High, Low Prices etc.) used when calculating a function - in this case 'BullPower' but all the built-in functions are the same. This number has the visual effect of 'smoothing' the line produced by the function - the bigger the number, the smoother the line. Just put a MA on any chart and play with the 'Period' variable. It should then be obvious as to its effect...

@ mladen - Ok, I'll try it, but before I do, in your experience, would the higher number be better? or does it just all depend on the currency used on and such?

Back history of indicators

When attaching some of indicators, MT4 just shows them on recent chart and long back history of them is not available.

How one can draw longer history ?

etrade:
When attaching some of indicators, MT4 just shows them on recent chart and long back history of them is not available. How one can draw longer history ?

The short answer, learn to program MQL.

More to the point, these are all custom indicators that are programmed to just calculate on a certain number of bars - often because the calculations are time-consuming so a lot of bars would use more CPU time.

Assuming that there is no 'Bars' etc. available in the indicators' settings, the only thing you can do is change the code itself...

omelette:
The short answer, learn to program MQL.

More to the point, these are all custom indicators that are programmed to just calculate on a certain number of bars - often because the calculations are time-consuming so a lot of bars would use more CPU time.

Assuming that there is no 'Bars' etc. available in the indicators' settings, the only thing you can do is change the code itself...

Thanks for your kind advice

Functions?

What does this mean in EA's?

openOrder(string type,double LotSize)

Dan7974:
What does this mean in EA's?
openOrder(string type,double LotSize)

You are passing two objects (type and LotSize) to function 'openOrder', located elsewhere in the code.

Default SL and TP

Is it possible to define a default value for SL and TP in MT4 ?

Reason: