MQL4 Learning - page 24

european:
You probably know it yourself but the only function in MQ4 that changes parameters of an order is OrderModify(). Unfortunately it doesn't allow to modify magic number.

That's what I was afraid of. It seems there should be a way to do this!

period - Averaging period for calculation

Could someone please explain to me what this value does/means?

Thanks

iBullsPower(NULL, 0, 13,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

Looking for what 'int period' (third value) means and what a value of 13 or if I change to 20 telling me or doing for me in an EA or Indicator? is it TF specific?

Thanks

matrixebiz:

Thanks

Looking for what 'int period' (third value) means and what a value of 13 or if I change to 20 telling me or doing for me in an EA or Indicator? is it TF specific?

Thanks

It basically means 'Use 13 PriceClose values, beginning from the current bar (bar 0) to calculate the BullsPower value'

The zero after 'NULL' specifies what timeframe to use. If it is zero (like it is here) it uses the charts timeframe.

omelette:
It basically means 'Use 13 PriceClose values, beginning from the current bar (bar 0) to calculate the BullsPower value' The zero after 'NULL' specifies what timeframe to use. If it is zero (like it is here) it uses the charts timeframe.

Ok, thank you, what PriceClose values would you recommend to be most accurate? or safest to give a better accurate trade signal?

matrixebiz:
Ok, thank you, what PriceClose values would you recommend to be most accurate? or safest to give a better accurate trade signal?

The closing price is the most used, probably for a good reason so it's may be your best bet.....

matrixebiz:

run optimization and you'll see

Shinigami:
run optimization and you'll see

How do I do that?

Thanks

omelette:
The closing price is the most used, probably for a good reason so it's may be your best bet.....

Sorry, I meant to say How many price close values should I use?

How do I optimize?

Thanks

Looking for what 'int period' (third value) means, what a value of 13 or if I change to 20 is telling me or doing for me in an EA or Indicator? is 'int period' TF specific?

I'm using Null, then 0 - for any TF, 13 - not sure what this does, PC - I think most use 6 (Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4) and 0 at the end.

I was told to do an optimization but don't know how.

Thanks

Don't know who gave you the advice, but sure he ment this:

1. Change the parameter, compare to the chart, fits to expectations ?, yes? fine, no, go to point 1

Your questions are going toward a BIG question: is there a Holly Grail?

Do you really want to hear the answer?

Reason: