Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 139

guys does those point left by the z-z1 shows where it should be at the time before repainting, just like the arrows in the zig zag pointer indicator..is that right, do i understand that correctly, please confirm..TIA

your welcome

hoss:
Forex11, From one Floridian to another, thanks for your response earlier. Banked 173 pips tonight off of GJ and EJ. It was a good night. Thanks for your posts. - Hoss

thats what its all about.

glad for you. your welcome

Answering Droesparky

Because, droesparky, using the QQE with the ZigZag would have avoided the whipsaw at point #6 on the chart in post #1382.

Thanks so does that mean you would have exited the trade when QQE turned against you? I was thinking thats one of the things they wanted to use QQE for is exit stratagy.

No, read the comment in the callout at #6 on the chart carefully.

guys please help me out here, what is the logic behind the z-z1 indicator, is it like the zig zag pointer..TIA

OK,

so here is my GJ trade from today.

Entered at 233.97 with the nonlagdot red and the QQE crossed.

But then I didn't follow my own rules anymore as I saw the QQE moving slightly up and the second retracement from about the S2 line. So I placed my SL at +80, and that's what I got.

Waiting for the second entry now Probably only next week.

Have a nice weekend all...

Files:
dxtrade04.gif  22 kb

Dxtrade, what indicator makes those yellow arrows on your chart? And do they remain there throughout the life of the chart?

harooki2:
Dxtrade, what indicator makes those yellow arrows on your chart? And do they remain there throughout the life of the chart?

It's the ZigZag Pointer v2 which is from this thread somewhere.

Don't ask me where (1,350 posts ) so I attach it.

It keeps the repainted arrows on the chart. Just the last and good one is bigger.

Makes backtesting possible!

Files:

OK, this is exactly what I'm trying to figure out. If this version keeps all the arrows on the chart, it is indeed possible to go back in time and see "false" signals (signals that weren't confirmed by the QQE, for example). In other words, you can see what would have happened to you if you had taken all those signals with and without confirmation.

1) And those arrows haven't moved around or disappeared, is that correct?

2) Have you been able to confirm that the arrows remain where they were originally painted in real time?

3) At what point do the big ZigZag arrows become little ones?

4) If v2 leaves the false signal arrows, what good is the Z-Z1 then (I thought that was the purpose of the Z-Z1)?

The answers to these questions make a very big difference in my conclusions about this, so I appreciate your considerate response.

Reason: