Bressert Double Stochastic

I made my own mods to it awhile back.

Here's the original one.

Just be careful with it. You have to strictly follow the rule on using it, or it will chop you to death. Do you know the general rule? When the crossover occurs you enter on the breakout (or breakdown) of the high / (low) of the crossover bar.

So if it signals a crossover and the high of the bar where it signaled was 2.0060, you'd buy a break above 2.0060. This is assuming a long crossover of course.

It's pretty good though. Bressert knows his stuff. You just have to be disciplined with it.

Another thing - your stop is generally placed at the signal bar's opposite of the breakout/breakdown.

So again using the above example - the bar's high is 2.0060 - the long signal occurs - the bar's low is 2.0040 - so your stop is a violation of 2.0040.

Hmm, I can't remember somewhere in the code, I think you can change it. I think it calculates 2000 bars back, so look for that number, that might be it.

He uses a 23 period and 50 period EMA for trend determination - so to be safer (as he advocates) then only trade in the direction of that trend. I have an indicator for that, hold on I'll dig it up and post it in a bit.

I think I have the B Line also. Give me a bit and I'll see what I have around here.

Here's the B Lines. I don't have the source for it though, sorry.

Just be wary - it's a great hindsight system but if you don't follow his rules of entry precisely, then you'll get chopped up. He doesn't trade very often and is very picky, which is why his win rate is so high.

Good luck.

Files:
b_lines.ex4  8 kb

Thanks Scott for that I will take a look at it... cheers Dave.

scott TTM:

You have to strictly follow the rule on using it, or it will chop you to death. Do you know the general rule? When the crossover occurs you enter on the breakout (or breakdown) of the high / (low) of the crossover bar.

So if it signals a crossover and the high of the bar where it signaled was 2.0060, you'd buy a break above 2.0060. This is assuming a long crossover of course.

It's pretty good though. Bressert knows his stuff. You just have to be disciplined with it.

Hi, Scott! thanks 4 good info

could you, please, show on the chart crossover/breackout entry?

maybe, other tips and/or tricks?

if you mentioned rules, could U summarise basic rules (at least in general)?

in what TF you think better use it?

Could you give a link to more info about Bressert?

thank you

Just Google Walter Bressert. Or go to Walter Bressert Stock Indices & Futures OnLine and buy his course, it's only I think $700?

Look, it's not a holy grail by any means. But if you follow his method then you'll have a good level of success.

Let me make sure that code is right. I'll get back with you guys later. There is free money on EURJPY right now so I have to monitor this.

Sure, nobody would trade one ind.

jus' thread was very informative from the start, so its great to have more info in one place and you know the subject...

Reason: