C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 11

vtam:
As a personal opinion...... I think it's time to be VERY careful with carry trade strategies for the moment. I will be going into safe mode now for awhile whether the futures tell me to or not.

We are in carry trade blow off mode, and it's time to be safe.

Just my humble opinion.

If you trade Freedom Rocks...... I would de-leverage A LOT in the next few days. C-traders should be looking to add straight instead of martingale and at 5% drops going forward.

the BOJ will meet in August 22, i think. the concensus of about 70% of the forecasters say that they will raise by .25%. last time yen rates were raised was i think february 19, 2007 and this was followed by the temporary unraveling of the carry trade.

"Let Me Try Again"

"let me try once more"

is the third time i ask:

what is the leverage for U$ 1000 account? Because in manual says about 1:1, but with that is impossible. And at Interbankfx you can choce 1.1, 1.10, 1:20, 1:25, etc. You can't choice 1:2 for example.

so, for a account with 1000, to get about 4% moth, what is the correct leverage and lots?

many thanks

giraia_br:
"let me try once more"

is the third time i ask:

what is the leverage for U$ 1000 account? Because in manual says about 1:1, but with that is impossible. And at Interbankfx you can choce 1.1, 1.10, 1:20, 1:25, etc. You can't choice 1:2 for example.

so, for a account with 1000, to get about 4% moth, what is the correct leverage and lots?

many thanks

you would start off with 2 nano lots or 0.02 in ibfx mini account

BluePearl:
you would start off with 2 nano lots or 0.02 in ibfx mini account

1:1 leverage?

giraia_br:
1:1 leverage?

vtam will have to answer that one.

BluePearl:

ok

because 1:1 is impossible, after 7 pairs: "Not enough money"

i will wait vtam.

thanks

BluePearl:

To control $1000 of a currency, you would need to put up only $10 in margin at 100:1 leverage. This is how I am set up at IBFX - for .20 lots per pair or a total of $260k across 13 different pairs on the core position, my margin requirement is currently $1300. So that would be 200:1

So for $1000 account with 200:1 you recommend to use 0.2 lot = $2000 ??

Also I found this indicator to BackTest this strategy C-Trader Trading Strategie - V.I.P-FX - Trading Methods & Strategies, looks interesting.

vtam:
To control $1000 of a currency, you would need to put up only $10 in margin at 100:1 leverage. This is how I am set up at IBFX - for .20 lots per pair or a total of $260k across 13 different pairs on the core position, my margin requirement is currently $1300. So that would be 200:1

EvgeniX:
So for $1000 account with 200:1 you recommend to use 0.2 lot = $2000 ?? Also I found this indicator to BackTest this strategy C-Trader Trading Strategie - V.I.P-FX - Trading Methods & Strategies, looks interesting.

No for a $1k account you would use $200 lot sizes on each pair.

form another forum

"Also I did BackTest from 2004 and biggest DD was around -$1300 for 0.2 lots= $2000

Its 13% for 10k Account it very good."

but it is wrong. The correct is dot that with 1.6 lots at least.

i think with 1.6 the account would had broken

sorry for my bad english.

Reason: