LSMA, Polynomial and other Regression with Experts and Indicators - page 5

Shinigami:
Robert. Can you help me please?

I need a VERY lagging MA as a filter. It should be easy to use and show only current trend so my EA won't open both buys and sells but will use only either buys or sells or not trade if the price is close to MA.

It should be VERY lagging so it shows only the current trend on H4 or D1.

What about 200 SMA? Or try 100 EMA on hourly with good separation.

Robert

MrPip:
What about 200 SMA? Or try 100 EMA on hourly with good separation. Robert

Thanks.

I just tested that. But it seems best result is with using small shift of MA and small period...

How about using MA cross with breakout systems? Buystop above the last peak high before the MA cross and sellstop below the last peak low before the cross.

Thank You

MrPip:
Here is the indicator and the others it needs for nonlag, hma and ehlers iTrend. Robert

Thanks Robert - I appreciate it.

Paul.

TP levels

Some ideas and code for TP levels:

Manage Take Profit

LSMA in color with alert

This indicator was requested in a PM.

Robert

Files:

Lsma Angle = Zero Lag Macd??

Many Thanks!! I will try it from tomorrow!

I installed LSMA Angle indicator and shows almost 100% the same graphic than Zero Lag MACD...how is this possible??

Best Regards

Pepe

MACD = EMA with period 1 + EMA with period 2. Higher than 0 when faster MA is higher than slower MA ect.

LSMA - another type of averaging.

You only change the way you calculate the filtered price, but the price itself doesn't change.

Its normal that results are similar. Its more important what you do with results rather than what results you get.

Lsma=zero Lag Macd

Thanks Shinigami, I understand that but I was talking to an indicator that was supposed to work with THE ANGLE of the slope of the LSMA drawing the same lines than a regular MACD (but zero lag) histogram!

Please see attached screenshot.

The attached EA is one that MrPip coded up for me some time ago. I had backtested it but had not forward tested it.

I think it looks promising, but since I don't know exactly what the code is doing I don't know if it's operating correctly.

I think it's supposed to trade when the colors change to blue and red, but it's not taking every trade.

See chart, buy trade should have occured on 9/19 after change to blue.

Could this be due to the 1 trade per day rule?

If so, could this be removed?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.

Files:
lsma.gif  56 kb
lsma_v11.0.mq4  22 kb

All you need to do is set useDelay to 0. That will bypass the check for 1 trade per day.

Robert

Reason: