LSMA, Polynomial and other Regression with Experts and Indicators - page 7

hi, can someone code an histogram of LSMA slope, please?

mq4rex:
MrPip,

thanks for the EA,

yes BB_squeeze is another great indicator. I put an arrow on the chart to point out how precise the indicator shows a strong entry.

The second arrow shows how LSMA (red line) contradicts another trend indicator (green bars) to identify 'no trading zone'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found an interesting thread that has some TP code, so if it's good, I will post it.

What indicator is the Blue and Pink dotted lines?

Files:
bands.jpg  23 kb

matrixebiz:
What indicator is the Blue and Pink dotted lines?

Parabolic SAR?

EA based on LSMA

I need EA that works based on LSMA.

Good!

Thank you for your indicators!

regards!

camisa:
hi, can someone code an histogram of LSMA slope, please?

LSMA_Angle already does that. It is posted on one of the first messages.

Robert

dsouza1:
I need EA that works based on LSMA.

I finally have a little breathing room in my busy schedule to re-visit this thread.

What did you have in mind?

I have several EAs now that use LSMA including LSMA direction, LSMA Angle and LSMA cross.

I am also continuing work on the LSMA Channel EA based on the Hoover system.

I should be finished soon with a channel indicator that uses zigzag with confirmation to select the candles for the start and end of each channel.

This idea came to me after working on the Follow the Bouncing Pip EA.

Robert

Linear Regression Line HeatMap

Hi guys,

I am not a coder but try and hack around at others code to get something that I want, but this time I've come unstuck.

What I am trying to combine is the linear regression line with an RSI heatmap indi, so that I can see the LR slope represented by a different colour block. Then essentialy add further incidents of this indi with different timeframes added for the full MTF effect.

As yet I haven't calculated what values of slope should represent the different coloured blocks, but in total 5 colours should be enough. I would susoect that this simple value can be added in later, but I can't get close enough to need that at this stage.

I think the problem I currently have is related to the number of buffers used in the RSIHeatmap, which I am using as my source, and this conflicting with the buffer needed for the custom LR indi.

Therefore if anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

G-Man

The source files I am using are attached.

Files:
lrind.mq4  4 kb

MrPip:
I finally have a little breathing room in my busy schedule to re-visit this thread.

What did you have in mind?

I have several EAs now that use LSMA including LSMA direction, LSMA Angle and LSMA cross.

I am also continuing work on the LSMA Channel EA based on the Hoover system.

I should be finished soon with a channel indicator that uses zigzag with confirmation to select the candles for the start and end of each channel.

This idea came to me after working on the Follow the Bouncing Pip EA.

Robert

Lsma Direction ? What's that ?

People want pics

LSMA Channel

I have been busy lately but finally found time to trade off the LSMA channel.

Attached is a chart showing the action over the past few days starting May 22.

First short at 206.07 on May 22.

Stop loss at 206.53 high of candle at 2100.

Signal was confirmed after price touched upper red line and closed below upper orange line.

Stochastics blue line turned down and CCI crossed 100 line after hook from extreme.

Close signal after almost touching lower red line and closing above lower orange line on May 23.

CCI confirmed by crossing -100 after hook from extreme.

Short Trade closed at 204.62 for 145 pips.

Long trade entered at 204.62 with stop loss set at 204.13 low of candle at 1900.

Long trade close signal at 204.99 on May 27.

Confirmed by CCI crossing 100 line after hook from extreme.

Closed half of position for 37 pips because stochastics still moving up.

Moved stop to break even.

If the entie position had been close I would have enterd short at 204.99 with stop at red line 205.73.

Stopped out for 74 pip loss.

Next entry confirmed for short trade m May 28 at 205.88 with stop at 206.20 red line.

Stochastics show overbought and CCI cross of 100 line.

Exit signal at 0800 price 205.54 after touch of lower red line and close above lower orange line.

Closed for 34 pips.

Entered long at 205.54.

When price exceeded upper red line moved stop, first to 206.34 and then to 206.80 near top of move.

Stopped out at 206.80 for 126 pips.

I am working on an EA for this method.

Indicator used is past regression deviated and is posted on one of the first posts of this thread.

Robert

Files:
Reason: