Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 118

tampa_:
Wouldn't that make it miss the big moves?

Hi Tampa,

The idea is to trade extreme overbought and oversold levels of to try to predict the start of big moves. We are going to make use of two sets of stochastic oscillators with settings (14,3,3) for the fast stochastic which is also our stochastic signal. The second slower stochastic set at (21,9,9) is our confirmation.

bingofx:
Guys could you cite there some researches or articles where its explained how oscillators work, what's underlying principle and relation to market, economics. Are they used anywhere else, in the spheres related to economics? thanks

Check this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stochastic_oscillator

Or this :

bingofx:
Guys could you cite there some researches or articles where its explained how oscillators work, what's underlying principle and relation to market, economics. Are they used anywhere else, in the spheres related to economics? thanks
Or this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/186300

Hi Mladen, sorry to bother you again. I've tried to load the stopchastic_2sigmas_mtf__histo indi, but its not working.

After compile it, i have this message.

Thanks for your help

gorangel:

Hi Mladen, sorry to bother you again. I've tried to load the stopchastic_2sigmas_mtf__histo indi, but its not working.

Thanks for your help

gorangel

errors removed,try now,i hope it will be work....just be care about original name of indicator,write/change same as original you have ,remove extra digit/dash,that are happening now a days.

unfortunately a new series of renaming problem started and till it exist dont know how many indicators renamed automatically and will be spread all around,not possible to correct these all .................... also a lot of visitors and new users (whom are not permanent tsd users) don't know this problem (because it only happening and exist in TSD) so they will be mislead with renamed indicators.

gorangel:

Thanks for your help

i think original name should be like this "Stochastic_2SigMAs_mtf+histo nmc"

mntiwana:
i think original name should be like this "Stochastic_2SigMAs_mtf+histo nmc"

mntiwana

For that one it does not matter what is the mq4 file name

mladen:

mntiwana

For that one it does not matter what is the mq4 file name

Dearest MLADEN

you are right only it matter with yours,the newest indies you controlled for renaming game . but only i am afraid of,the same indicators with a lot of renamed series just misleading and confusing users,can you advise developers to solve this issue on priority base.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

you are right only it matter with yours,the newest indies you controlled for renaming game . but only i am afraid of,the same indicators with a lot of renamed series just misleading and confusing users,can you advise developers to solve this issue on priority base.

regards

mntiwana

Frankly I can not give a sound advice regarding that. If the code is published as mq4 file it is up to everybody to use it as they wish. Usually it is guided by internet etiquette, but I can not enforce that to anybody, so it is on everybody discretion how to use something in cases like that

Thanks for yor help mntiwana!

I'm aware of the renaming problem , and i never change or rename the indis.  I've downloaded the indi from mladen's post , and i didn't change anything .

Reason: