RandyCandles - Information - page 83

summitfx:
It doesn't take "randy scientist" to catch this move. The Equity markets futures were higher, the audusd was moving higher and the big daddy audjpy jumped 100 pips. and "Houston we have lift-off"

Just got back into RC

What is your entry when 2 candles of the same color are back to back?

Would someone post a chart of Golden's template he posted 3 pages ago?

Mine has no HAS candles in it.

thanks,

steve

stevewide:
Would someone post a chart of Golden's template he posted 3 pages ago?

Mine has no HAS candles in it.

thanks,

steve

everything you need should be here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177181

I'm new to this RC. Was wondering if there is already a chatroom available with real live tradings and or people are still using this RC?

The Randy Candles appeared first in a thread in 2007. They remain a pretty interesting scalping technique. Based upon a special japanese smoothed candle (HA)... and moving averages, each with a shift...

You can google both Forex Factory and Forex-TSD to get the history.

Mostly, I have found it is a matter of getting the HA candle colors adjusted. HA is downloadable from most threads for MT4.

As an aside, I have also inserted Bollinger Bands into my 1 minute charts with Randy Candles -- and found this helpful for S/R.

Post again if you have further questions. Not sure if any of the other threads are still active.

RC's is my preferred scalping technique. Very reliable technique if you take the time to learn it. Adding BB's or Stochs/RSI can add value, but you must be sure you correctly understand how those work too.

sizzle:
The Randy Candles appeared first in a thread in 2007. They remain a pretty interesting scalping technique. Based upon a special japanese smoothed candle (HA)... and moving averages, each with a shift...

You can google both Forex Factory and Forex-TSD to get the history.

Mostly, I have found it is a matter of getting the HA candle colors adjusted. HA is downloadable from most threads for MT4.

As an aside, I have also inserted Bollinger Bands into my 1 minute charts with Randy Candles -- and found this helpful for S/R.

Post again if you have further questions. Not sure if any of the other threads are still active.

Hii

I have few question.. could u post some screenshot of randy candle setup i would like to know which candle is what i mean .. hanging zorror .. chilli paper .. alert candle stuff like this

also if u can share your template with us would be awsome..

thanks

Update and Screenshot

Hi SillyKiddo

Here you go.

As I mentioned, getting the colors right is tricky.

I like to use a black background on MT4.... so the original settings posted in the thread were not right for me.

I use the Haiken Ashi indicator that was posted in the thread.

If you go into the indicator and edit it.... Here are my color settings.

Goldenrod; Aqua; Red and White in BOTH tabs....

The moving averages that you see on the chart are:

8, 12, 24 and 72.

I recommend that you also search for "Cornflower" on Forex Factory and Forex-TSD. This is where I got the moving average settings... and I consider them very helpful.

My signal candles don't turn out quite like the Zorro, etc. from the original post. But this is what I have gotten used to...

Hope this helps... Once you get this stablized... let me know if you have any other questions. Basically, I trade only when the Moving Averages are all in line (yellow, coral, cornflower and brown... (reverse for buy/sell) So I combine Randy Candles with the Cornflower technique.

Files:

Randy Candles

i modified some HA indicator to show the "right" wick color (body is HA, wick is classic bull/bear). using this as only entry/exit indicator on M1 chart, with horizontal s/r and 200EMA, consistent great results. a lot of screentime is mandatory.

Files:

magicchance:
RC's is my preferred scalping technique. Very reliable technique if you take the time to learn it. Adding BB's or Stochs/RSI can add value, but you must be sure you correctly understand how those work too.

What kind of risk reward do you use?

Reason: