New EA based on the !xMeter - page 26

Hi fxgreek,

I'm not sure what could be the problem exactly... I downloaded and compiled both the EA and the indicator from the forum to see if anything was corrupted during upload. They work fine on my demo account (metaquotes server).

With the EA the problem might have been that you tried it when the market was closed (I'm making an assumption from the time of your post here). If there's no tick then the EA won't show anything. Please try again now the market is open and wait for a tick on the chart that you loaded it at. Also make sure it's in the /experts folder, not in /experts/indicators

Now for the indicator, it should work regardless of it's receiving new ticks. If you leave all the default settings it only shows 500 bars of history though. Please make sure you've scrolled your chart to the end to see these bars.

The file should be placed in the /experts/indicators folder. The filename's a bit confusing with the EA-part in it...

I have added the compiled files to the original post (#250) so you can try those as well.

Let me know if you have better luck this time.

ak20:
Some screenshots to show the indicator and the EA described in the previous post in action...

The difference between smoothed and choppy

Example of just showing EURUSD lines and GBPUSD lines. If you drag another symbol to the chart, the lines will switch automatically

The EA with only the major 5

how to make this indicator show only one pair only like eur/usd or gbp/usd or any other?

Hi Abouelzelouf,

You can control this with the input variable 'showAllCurrencies'. You can set this to TRUE or FALSE when you add the indicator to the chart.

Set showAllCurrencies to FALSE and only the lines for the current symbol will be shown. So if you attach the indicator to a EURUSD chart it will show only the EUR and USD lines.

The indicator detects which symbol is loaded, so if you change the symbol (from the market watch window, drag the CHFJPY to the chart) it will show the two lines for the new symbol in the chart.

Note that with 'showAllCurrencies' set to FALSE on e.g. a USDCAD chart it shows only the USD line, and on a AUDNZD chart it wouldn't show any line at all because it only calculates values for the EUR, USD, GBP, JPY and CHF.

If you leave the value to TRUE, it will always show all five lines regardless of the symbol in the chart.

ak20:
Hi Abouelzelouf,

You can control this with the input variable 'showAllCurrencies'. You can set this to TRUE or FALSE when you add the indicator to the chart.

Set showAllCurrencies to FALSE and only the lines for the current symbol will be shown. So if you attach the indicator to a EURUSD chart it will show only the EUR and USD lines.

The indicator detects which symbol is loaded, so if you change the symbol (from the market watch window, drag the CHFJPY to the chart) it will show the two lines for the new symbol in the chart.

Note that with 'showAllCurrencies' set to FALSE on e.g. a USDCAD chart it shows only the USD line, and on a AUDNZD chart it wouldn't show any line at all because it only calculates values for the EUR, USD, GBP, JPY and CHF.

If you leave the value to TRUE, it will always show all five lines regardless of the symbol in the chart.

Thank you for your reply this did solve my problem. sorry I didn't notice this option I did put the color of the other lines to none. or make the lines of current pairs more thick this was the best solution.

is it possible to replace chf with AUD and another one with CAD and one with NZD.

or if possible one indicator with added line in the input where we can remove chf and replace it with any other currency that our broker have.

I don't know if this possible.

Thank you for this great indicator.

ak20:
Hi Abouelzelouf,

or if possible and easier to make the indicator show only the lines of the current chart, this mean it will work on any pair attached too, and will be less heavy on the computer, this one if attached to too many charts it uses too much of the computer resources.

View history for !xMeter

Hi,

There's a new version of the indicator. In version v07 I have added the option for you to choose your own currencies (up to eight). This required quite a lot of new code but the basic idea hasn't changed. It's just more flexible now!

Indicator: !xMeter Indy v0.mq4

Place this file in /experts/indicators folder

xmeter_indy_v07.mq4

===========Original post for v02

Hi everyone,

I have coded two variations of the original !xMeter. One is similar except that it only has the major five currencies (EUR, USD, GBP, CHF, JPY). I dropped the CAD and AUD since I don't trade these myself. I also extended the scale from five steps to ten. You have to run this file as an EA.

The second file is an indicator based on this EA. The advantage of the indicator is that it can show you the history. I wasn't aware that TRO had already coded something similar... I hope my version will still add some functionality that people will like. It was a good exercise in coding anyway :-)

The indicator is very flexible in the way you can decide which part of the history you want to view. See the comments in the source for a full explanation.

You can smooth the lines if you like, making them less squiggly in TRO-speak ;-) This is done using a Wilder EMA.

It also has a switch that ensures only the lines from the currency in the current chart are shown (looking at the EURUSD chart, it hides the other lines, switch to GBPJPY and it shows the GBP and JPY automatically).

And finally, you can change over what period it calculates the high, low and range. Choose either 'since midnight' as in the original, or make it look at a rolling window of e.g. 12 hours.

I hope you guys find this indicator useful. Let me know what you think of it!

Expert: !xMeter_EA Major_5 v02.mq4 and .ex4

Place these files in /experts folder

xmeter_ea_major_5_v02.mq4

xmeter_ea_major_5_v02.ex4

Indicator: !xMeter_EA Major_5 Indy v02.mq4 and .ex4

Place these files in /experts/indicators folder

xmeter_ea_major_5_indy_v02.mq4

xmeter_ea_major_5_indy_v02.ex4

Abouelzelouf,

The new version is ready :-) I put it in the original post in entry #250

You can now choose which currencies you want to include in the indicator.

The load on your computer will of course increase if you choose eight instead of five currencies. There's is no way to prevent this since even if you only display the currencies currently in the chart, it will still need to calculate the values for all currencies you put in the input parameters.

Is this still a profitable system? How are you guys doing and what settings?

Thanks

ak20:
Abouelzelouf,

The new version is ready :-) I put it in the original post in entry #250

You can now choose which currencies you want to include in the indicator.

The load on your computer will of course increase if you choose eight instead of five currencies. There's is no way to prevent this since even if you only display the currencies currently in the chart, it will still need to calculate the values for all currencies you put in the input parameters.

Thank you, for the updated indicator.

yes I noticed it take much of the computer resources.

thank you for your effort.

I hope you will be able to make one that work only with currencies on the chart, to save some of the computer power. maybe same like this indicator but with only 2 currencies we write them in the input and attach it to the chart.

Is this very potential project still alive?

Well, I have really enjoyed and benefited from all the participation earlier, but where is this project now? Have you all given up the ghost? What came of it...any positive / negative reports recently?

Did a truly working model emerge that is still worth the strategy's refinement.

Please, pick up the gauntlet once more and let's go forth...anyone(s)!

You really had some good stuff flying here!

Ron

Reason: