EWOCCI Method and EA

Here is my EWOCCI method and ea. The method is used by a lot of people who viewed my thread at FFJ. It is a very simple beginners level method. The rules have not changed in over a year, and its the original I posted at ffj. Please don't try to modify this method or give me any ideas on it. Opinions & questions though, are welcome.

I have recently come up with an ea to compliment this manual method. But the only chart I can get it to work out well on is the daily. Because I cann't yet impliment the code for support/resistance levels for s/l placement.

The ea will not work on any other chart than daily, and only works on euro$. Set this ea and forget about it. One day you'll walk in and your big "EWOCCI" will be lit up and the account balance will be rising. It just starts placing trades once the cross is established, and will do this for the entire daily candle. Because any trade left open from ewocci day will get closed the next as the next candle dips lower. It seems to always dip low enough to close any trade left open with these settings. So I use high risk on this. You will also have the oppertunity to close the lingering trade at the turn of the day manually. You can also break up the trades with the time settings. I have NY session bloscked, so ny can close last trade before the close of the day. This should be a safe ea. Included are backtests. My first ewocci day is comming in the next couple days as ewocci daily is at .0009.

Enjoy!

Dave

Edit: Made correction to work on IBFX. And added screen text to see current trade time OK or not.

Files:

forward-test

xxDavidxSxx:
Here is my EWOCCI method and ea. The method is used by a lot of people who viewed my thread at FFJ. It is a very simple beginners level method. The rules have not changed in over a year, and its the original I posted at ffj. Please don't try to modify this method or give me any ideas on it. Opinions & questions though, are welcome.

I have recently come up with an ea to compliment this manual method. But the only chart I can get it to work out well on is the daily. Because I cann't yet impliment the code for support/resistance levels for s/l placement.

The ea will not work on any other chart than daily, and only works on euro$. Set this ea and forget about it. One day you'll walk in and your big "EWOCCI" will be lit up and the account balance will be rising. It just starts placing trades once the cross is established, and will do this for the entire daily candle. Because any trade left open from ewocci day will get closed the next as the next candle dips lower. It seems to always dip low enough to close any trade left open with these settings. So I use high risk on this. You will also have the oppertunity to close the lingering trade at the turn of the day manually. You can also break up the trades with the time settings. I have NY session bloscked, so ny can close last trade before the close of the day. This should be a safe ea. Included are backtests. My first ewocci day is comming in the next couple days as ewocci daily is at .0009.

Enjoy!

Dave

hi, david

tomorrow i'll start forward-testing on fxdd-demo and post resutl

regards

giapel

Thanks for posting this ea and method. I have to questions. What is ffj and this ea backtest said it wins 100% of all trades. Has it done that in live trading too?

pooper scoopers:
Thanks for posting this ea and method. I have to questions. What is ffj and this ea backtest said it wins 100% of all trades. Has it done that in live trading too?

First ewocci day since feb is comming soon. So no not on live yet.

FFJ is forex factory journal. Another forum that I used to post most of my real trades on. I was one of the first 2 in the journal factory. I have left it because of over crowding, and my manual trades are far apart. The thread had 80k+ views and is still there. Its is very good to read and to learn good real world working methods that I used on a daily basis. Its just that staring at charts 24/5 was starting to take its toll on me. So I moved to high time frames and much less chart time. Now If I post a trade, the next time I go to update, my thread is 20 threads back. Way too many journals in there. Was much better when it was small.

I expect with in next 2 days I will have the first ewocci day. Then I will have forward test results.

But like Bluto's rsi ea the signals can be real far apart. Or up to 2-3 in a month. It would take a year or more to forward test. So I will run it live with small position for the first ewocci day. Defaults settings are on the conservative side.

Dave

Dave

I get this error in my Experts tab;

2007.05.16 21:32:01 EWOCCI_Cross_Daily EURUSD,Daily: error0

and Elloit_wave_ossilator.mp4 in is in the EA folder. It should be in the Indicator folder right? When I try to add it to the chart it says this is an indicator.

matrixebiz:
I get this error in my Experts tab;

2007.05.16 21:32:01 EWOCCI_Cross_Daily EURUSD,Daily: error0

and Elloit_wave_ossilator.mp4 in is in the EA folder. It should be in the Indicator folder right? When I try to add it to the chart it says this is an indicator.

thats not an error. Thats telling you theres no error. ....0=no error

And since it can be weeks or months between trades its telling you the ea is working. If theres an error it will show.

Yes the indicator that goes with the ea is in the ea folder. And it goes in the indicators folder in you mtea 4 folder.

Since there is another elliott wave oscillator in the manual methods indicator folder. That one has a signal line. And won't work with ea. It also goes in the indicators folder. Same with the other indicators.

Also when you open the indicator in meta editor, it will say in the top few lines of code that its an indicator. (FYI)

Dave

Mini accounts

Hi david the indicators and EA set up well - beautiful charts. However, I keep getting the warning, please attach to EURUSD. The EA is attached to the EURUSDm daily chart. I have mm set to 2, for mini accounts, yet I still get the warning about attaching to EURUSD.

Any pointers as to what I may be doing wrong? Or is the EA only able to operate in standard accounts?

Many thanks ,

Cal

gmt set

hi, david

i' ve a question about gmt_offset : my local time is gmt+3.

i must set up gmt_offset to 3 ?

regards

giapel

currymonster:
Hi david the indicators and EA set up well - beautiful charts. However, I keep getting the warning, please attach to EURUSD. The EA is attached to the EURUSDm daily chart. I have mm set to 2, for mini accounts, yet I still get the warning about attaching to EURUSD.

Any pointers as to what I may be doing wrong? Or is the EA only able to operate in standard accounts?

Many thanks ,

Cal

------------------------------

I'm with the same problem. I think Ea needs to recognize the EURUSDm (for mini accounts).

Can you decide that David ?

Best Regards.

giapel:
hi, david

i' ve a question about gmt_offset : my local time is gmt+3.

i must set up gmt_offset to 3 ?

regards

giapel

That is not for your local time, you set your brokers time there.

IBFX is 4

matrixebiz:
That is not for your local time, you set your brokers time there. IBFX is 4

--------------------------

i think IBFX is GMT+0, so is 0 like default !

Best Regards.

Reason: