EWOCCI Method and EA - page 2

To all...

I only trade fxdd and only recommend fxdd.

I will look into the eurusdm thing, but have no way to test because I am on fxdd.

If you don't have a live account opened with any one, I Highly recomend get with fxdd. And get away from ibfx.

I will add a display on screen to show trade times and no trade times. So you can adjust them by simply changing the #'s untill the display says trade time o-k.

I leave the gmt at default and just adjust the times. But you can play with the gmt. It is the broker/server time. When set right, it should match up with the time on the candles.

Dave

guernica:
--------------------------

i think IBFX is GMT+0, so is 0 like default !

Best Regards.

Sorry, your right, IBFX is on GMT, so would be 0 shift

First Post Update

Delete your existing EWOCCI file and heres the new one. I updated the first post. And I'll post it here too so if you already have the zip, you only need the ex file.

Please test this on ibfx back tester and let me know if it makes trades. Put the ewo indicator on the visual while backtesting, so you can see when the cross is comming.

You'll no longer get an alert if not on euro$. But if its not on eurusd or eurusdm, it shouldn't trade.

Plus added trade time ok so you can see, and compair to your settings, if the gmt is correct with your broker or not.

Dave

Files:

Ok!

Cool, thanks david, tests fine on IBFX, won't be retiring on the proceeds but it does get 100% profit trades, cool!

Many thanks for your efforts,

Cal

Had 4 trades from January 2007, is it right?. David what settings do you use? Will you share them with us? Thanks.

Hi All,

Just checking this method, it's interesting , also the name, I thought it is a japanese name By the way, has anyone come up with forward testing result? I'm thinking to start testing from next week. Thanks.

Best regards,

wibitiens:
Hi All,

Just checking this method, it's interesting , also the name, I thought it is a japanese name By the way, has anyone come up with forward testing result? I'm thinking to start testing from next week. Thanks.

Best regards,

forward testing what ea or method?

Method has mabe a years worth of trades posted on my thread as discribed in first post.

EWOCCI hasn't crossed on daily since FEB. I just made this last week. So forward test results on ea isn't possible untill we get a cross. Wich will happen on the next couple of days. I figured I'd let you all in on the first test because who knows when the 2nd will come.

EWOCCI is EWO and CCI indicators. But I thought EWOCCI sounded native american....lol At any rate people liked the name.

Dave

Forigo:
Had 4 trades from January 2007, is it right?. David what settings do you use? Will you share them with us? Thanks.

I always give you my real account settings as defaults in any ea I release.

It always bothered me that I'd get someones ea, and the defaults were no good. Usually means the ea is no good. Because the maker couldn't find good settings, and he's leaving it up to you to find them. (if you can)

So I try to make it easy for everyone. Use defaults, but set up your trade time to stop durring NY session, so the last trade gets closed befor the end of the day.

The # of trades taken in your backtest will depend on broker, and price filter, and time settings, and broker time.

it will keep trading on ewocci day untill the time settings stop it, or the daily candle changes. Thats why I call it EWOCCI day.

Dave

Thanks for reply David.

xxDavidxSxx:
Delete your existing EWOCCI file and heres the new one. I updated the first post. And I'll post it here too so if you already have the zip, you only need the ex file.

Please test this on ibfx back tester and let me know if it makes trades. Put the ewo indicator on the visual while backtesting, so you can see when the cross is comming.

You'll no longer get an alert if not on euro$. But if its not on eurusd or eurusdm, it shouldn't trade.

Plus added trade time ok so you can see, and compair to your settings, if the gmt is correct with your broker or not.

Dave

--------------------------------

Hi Dave,

My platform IBFX communicates the error: 2007.05.18 13:09:26 EWOCCI Cross Daily EURUSDm,Daily: error4200.

Until now i haven't trades.

Best Regards.

Reason: