Swiss Army EA (Automatic order management) - page 42

BigSlick:
Thanks for the author for this nice code! Although this trade manager has a lot of features, in my opinion some key features were missing, like:

- 5 digit broker option

- trailing stop step (trail updated on set increments, not on every tick)

- trailing stop start level (starts trailing only when set profit reached)

- ability to use TP and trailing stop same time and update both values

- also some parameters in the code are not working

I am adding to it all of the above and also a feature to opt for exit on selected indicator trigger (Pivots, RSI, Stochs, BB-MACD...). No MQ4 was provided by author, so had to decompile and rename variables, so new version will take some time.

Let me know if anyone is interested on this one, I will not post here as this version is not yet finished and not approved by the original programmer.

I sent BigSlick a PM wanting to know if there has been any progress in updating the Swiss Army EA, as I too was looking into updating it. But I need to know if there's still such a need? If anyone has been in contact with BigSlick and knows what's the current status on the EA update, please let me/us know...

Q on setting up the Swiss Army?

Can anyone help?

I'm a noobie so bear with me, on my FXDD platform when I manually set stops and TS, the fractional number is included in the whole number so there is no decimal spot so 100 is 10, 400 is 40 etc.

My question is, do I need to set up the Swiss Army EA in the same way?

Any help would be greatly, immensely welcomed

ryanklefas:
What it is: Below, you'll find my Swiss Army EA. I've designed it so that it can manage orders in your MT4 terminal using a large variety of methods. ...

Hello,

having noticed strange behaviour, I traced the logs and I saw the EA doesn't works properly on 5 digit brokers; in fact it treats PIPs like POINTs, therefore when I set the TakeProfit or whatever else at 50 PIPs it actually passes to the server 5 PIPs.

Do you confirm my suspect? Is there a fix or we just need to multiply all the parameters x10 whenever we deal with 5 digits broker?

Thanks and best regards

Add an extra "0" or multiply all parameters by 10 for 5-digit brokers.

Hello NewsRe,

You guessed correctly for the fix for 5-digit brokers. Either add an extra "0" or multiply all parameters by 10.

Therefore, you would set the TakeProfit at "500" if you want to take profit at 50 pips.

Shep.

NewsRe:
Hello,

having noticed strange behaviour, I traced the logs and I saw the EA doesn't works properly on 5 digit brokers; in fact it treats PIPs like POINTs, therefore when I set the TakeProfit or whatever else at 50 PIPs it actually passes to the server 5 PIPs.

Do you confirm my suspect? Is there a fix or we just need to multiply all the parameters x10 whenever we deal with 5 digits broker?

Thanks and best regards

stop loss mover

Looking for a EA that would move your stop loss to break even ( entry price ) automatically at a predetermined price value( not pips).

and would show that value on chart.

Thanks

slide

BigSlick:
Thanks for the author for this nice code! Although this trade manager has a lot of features, in my opinion some key features were missing, like:

- 5 digit broker option

- trailing stop step (trail updated on set increments, not on every tick)

- trailing stop start level (starts trailing only when set profit reached)

- ability to use TP and trailing stop same time and update both values

- also some parameters in the code are not working

I am adding to it all of the above and also a feature to opt for exit on selected indicator trigger (Pivots, RSI, Stochs, BB-MACD...). No MQ4 was provided by author, so had to decompile and rename variables, so new version will take some time.

Let me know if anyone is interested on this one, I will not post here as this version is not yet finished and not approved by the original programmer.

Would you be able to add a multiplication factor to the hedging aspect of the EA? i.e. 200% would be 2x the original trade and allow for the hedged pair(original trade + hedge trade) to be closed at BE and/or + a user defined amount of pips?

Were you able to make the updates that you had listed in may? 5 digit compliance and the stepping SL were the two I was most interested in.

Swiss Army Ea Mod

Presently Swiss Army will manage by magic number and symbol but I would like to be able to manage a basket of trades by Trade Comment and then use the stop loss to exit the trades. Can anyone add this to the code please?

Charlie

Am I right in saying that the BreakEven Slide is used instead of Trailing Stop when Break Even function is used? i.e., BreakEvenSlide and TrailingStop are not used at the same time?

If so why would you use both on the same trade and how?

Basically I just want break even to come on after 10 pips and then trail, so I don't need trailing stop function, just leave it as 0 with Break at 10 and Slide at 10 or whatever?

cheers, i've read through the whole thread but can't find the answer to this simple quandry and would like to find out without testing it on a real trade!

does the break even and trailing stop function work in their own right, so if using the BEA setting on say 10, there is no need to set the condition for profit at 10?

anyway thanks you so much, i have been dreaming of such a tool for a while

yet to make my first million but this should help me on my way

Reason: