MA cross/Price cross MA EA - page 10

mrtools:
On the chart picture you showed it was within the threshold you mentioned, the price closed above the Ma , on the next bar the Ea opened the trade within the 8 pip max, as far as i can see.

I will see how it behaves next time by reducing max.

Further, see attached that the ea is still trading in blue zone despite being time filtered as non trading time?

Files:
screenshot_3.png  132 kb

Mrtools, Could u please consider adding an additional filter on the MA hi lo Ea.. So the buy/sell position will execute only if it also above/below the breakout zone. This will iron out the whipsaw during ranging time. Breakout zone can be defined as highest/lowest price of the past 20(editable) bars.

sachin_syd:
I will see how it behaves next time by reducing max. Further, see attached that the ea is still trading in blue zone despite being time filtered as non trading time?
sachin_syd:
Mrtools, Could u please consider adding an additional filter on the MA hi lo Ea.. So the buy/sell position will execute only if it also above/below the breakout zone. This will iron out the whipsaw during ranging time. Breakout zone can be defined as highest/lowest price of the past 20(editable) bars.

Sachin_syd, before adding any more want to fix everything else first, once I am sure the other add ons are working correctly will consider adding more. So will look deeper into the time filter, to figure out what the problem is.

mrtools:
Sachin_syd, before adding any more want to fix everything else first, once I am sure the other add ons are working correctly will consider adding more. So will look deeper into the time filter, to figure out what the problem is.

Ya agreed. I didnt want to rush just thought of letting u know my ideas.

Anyways, re max filter on Universal EA there is same prob. The max was set at 10 pip but the trade executed even on 20 pip diff. See chart. I think u might wanna revisit the max filter on all 3 EAs. Regards

Files:
screenshot_4.png  133 kb

sachin_syd:
Ya agreed. I didnt want to rush just thought of letting u know my ideas. Anyways, re max filter on Universal EA there is same prob. The max was set at 10 pip but the trade executed even on 20 pip diff. See chart. I think u might wanna revisit the max filter on all 3 EAs. Regards

Ok thanks will check that out too.

Mr tools Max function not working at all. even on min the trade should have opend on open of 2nd bar . same issue on another pair usd chf

Files:
screenshot_5.png  112 kb

sachin_syd:
Mr tools Max function not working at all. even on min the trade should have opend on open of 2nd bar . same issue on another pair usd chf

Thanks am aware of that and am trying to fix.

hello everyone,

i am looking for an EA for Moving Average (MA) Cross. Not sure which version matches what i'm looking for.

Got a few i found online but entry and exit are not really based on MA crosses.

Basically the EA will BUY when fast MA crosses upwards slow MA. MA can be based on Simple/Exponential/Weighted etc

When the fast MA re-crosses downwards of slow MA, the earlier BUY trade will be closed and at same time a new SELL will be entered.

Now since some broker disallow hedging (buy and sell same account) it would be great if EA allows a BUY ONLY trade or SELL ONLY trade.

If this mode is selected, an initial BUY entry (using above example) will be closed and no further BUY entry trigger until fast MA crosses upwards slow MA again.

The SELL side trade will trigger a SELL entry (using above example)

Also if the EA can also set the number of lots for initial entry for BUY/SELL, and subsequent number of lots for BUY/SELL.

The EA also allows setting of MA in whatever number whether is 14, 21 or above 1000.

Hope you guys can point out which version is close to what i wants.

Thank you.

hewtwok:
hello everyone,

i am looking for an EA for Moving Average (MA) Cross. Not sure which version matches what i'm looking for.

Got a few i found online but entry and exit are not really based on MA crosses.

Basically the EA will BUY when fast MA crosses upwards slow MA. MA can be based on Simple/Exponential/Weighted etc

When the fast MA re-crosses downwards of slow MA, the earlier BUY trade will be closed and at same time a new SELL will be entered.

Now since some broker disallow hedging (buy and sell same account) it would be great if EA allows a BUY ONLY trade or SELL ONLY trade.

If this mode is selected, an initial BUY entry (using above example) will be closed and no further BUY entry trigger until fast MA crosses upwards slow MA again.

The SELL side trade will trigger a SELL entry (using above example)

Also if the EA can also set the number of lots for initial entry for BUY/SELL, and subsequent number of lots for BUY/SELL.

The EA also allows setting of MA in whatever number whether is 14, 21 or above 1000.

Hope you guys can point out which version is close to what i wants.

Thank you.

Go here www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/1933-universal-ma-cross-ea-96.html

Mrtools, here is another issue on both eas: 2 trades on same bar. I noticed that after first trade was open it went into some profit and trailing stop came under sell price. The price then went up to close on tsl. Then it again opened another trade on the same bar. Do u think it make sense to tweak something coz I dont wanna run into loosing trade during range bound period by keeping big tsl.

In regards to max I request u to set it to work on an open bar. Min can work on closed bar as usual. Regards

Files:
Reason: