Does MT5 does this?

Hi everyone

I'm new to MT5, but not programming and want to know if MT5 can do this...

I am looking for analytics on when the first tick range candle breaks out of a 5 min opening range. I want to know which times between 9:30 and 12:30 product the most breakouts from this opening range. I'm looking to output the results into a graph/chart. 

Is this clear what I'm asking and if so, can MT5 do this?

Thanks!

oshine:

Hi everyone

I am looking for analytics on when the first tick range candle breaks out of a 5 min opening range. I want to know which times between 9:30 and 12:30 product the most breakouts from this opening range. I'm looking to output the results into a graph/chart. 

Thanks!

You need to ask someone in Freelance section to code it for you.

oshine:

Hi everyone

Thanks!

MT5 can do almost anything you want and for that you must code a program. If you cannot code, then write a detailed description and hire someone to do it for you.

Hello again

I know how to program and I have heard MT5 can do a lot of things, but does anyone know if it can do specifically what I asked in the original post? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

reference to price and time information are amongst the most basic MT5 features; 

it's completely up to you what you derive from that, so yes, of course you can detect breakouts;

you specifically asked if you can plot such informations onto the chart: yes, you can do so;

you can use the CGraphic library (https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/graphics/cgraphic) for this purpose, which includes some functions similar to those for graph plots in R / Mathlab / Python

(I use these MT5 functions myself e.g. for statistical evaluation of seasonalities) 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Scientific Charts / CGraphic
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Scientific Charts / CGraphic
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Library / Scientific Charts / CGraphic - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Reason: