Reason of EA affect each other

Dear experienced traders,

I'm planning to run several different EA in one ac. I want to run them in fixed-lot and in a relatively large balance.

Could you list up any reason EA could affect each other?

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

No will not... function of EA will be  disturbed when DD goes down because of other EA. I tested several times like this. Now I don't use multiple EA in one ac

Sky L:

Dear experienced traders,

I'm planning to run several different EA in one ac. I want to run them in fixed-lot and in a relatively large balance.

Could you list up any reason EA could affect each other?

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

If these are not your own EAs then you might have problems. Each EA should have its own magic number, so in theory would manage only its own trades......but you would need to know how the EA uses the number.
For example it might close ALL trades, including other EA trades, when its own trades are in profit by x dollars....

Prabir Paul:
No will not... function of EA will be  disturbed when DD goes down because of other EA. I tested several times like this. Now I don't use multiple EA in one ac

Thank you, Prabir.

I'm planning to use them in a fixed-lot(fixed maximum open position) and a relatively large balance to avoid that. 

In your opinion, even balance is large enough, also some problem like this will happen, right?

Best regards,

Sky

andrew:
If these are not your own EAs then you might have problems. Each EA should have its own magic number, so in theory would manage only its own trades......but you would need to know how the EA uses the number.
For example it might close ALL trades, including other EA trades, when its own trades are in profit by x dollars....

Thank you, Andrew.

Magic number and close ALL trades, yes, they are problems I have to avoid.

Best regards,

Sky

Sky L: Could you list up any reason EA could affect each other?
Depends on how they are coded.
  1. Magic number only allows an EA to identify its trades from all others. Using OrdersTotal/OrdersHistoryTotal (MT4) or PositionsTotal (MT5), directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect / Position select loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.)
              Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 programming forum
              PositionClose is not working - MQL5 programming forum
              MagicNumber: "Magic" Identifier of the Order - MQL4 Articles

2. What happens if one wants to buy and the other sell on the same symbol? Mn doesn't help there.

In my experience its better to run each EA on separate accounts and enable MM of your EA. The result is much better than using small fixed size. instead of reducing the risk of MM just use smaller account size.

If you want to run 2 or more EA on one account its better to use EAs with similar DD correlation. It means when one EA is in DD other EA should be in DD too. It seems incorrect at first but in this way your DD will be greater and also your profit will be better. But if one EA is wining and other EA is losing at the end your profit will be much smaller than running any of this EA alone. That's because when one EA is wining the other EA will lose bigger lot size than it normally would loose without the profit of other EA. and the wining EA can't compound the profit it gains for next trade.

HAMED EHTEMAM:

In my experience its better to run each EA on separate accounts and enable MM of your EA. The result is much better than using small fixed size. instead of reducing the risk of MM just use smaller account size.

If you want to run 2 or more EA on one account its better to use EAs with similar DD correlation. It means when one EA is in DD other EA should be in DD too. It seems incorrect at first but in this way your DD will be greater and also your profit will be better. But if one EA is wining and other EA is losing at the end your profit will be much smaller than running any of this EA alone. That's because when one EA is wining the other EA will lose bigger lot size than it normally would loose without the profit of other EA. and the wining EA can't compound the profit it gains for next trade.

Thank you, Hamed. What do you mean MM of EA?

MM= money management. Almost all EAs have some kind of money management system. If you want to compound profit most of the time its better to use default MM setting that come with the EA but use smaller account size if you are not comfortable with default settings.

What is money management?

It is a term that gets bandied around a lot but it means different things to different people.

Risk management however, I believe is universally accepted to be limiting your loss per trade. Usually by calculation of the lot size according to the stop loss.

HAMED EHTEMAM:
MM= money management. Almost all EAs have some kind of money management system. If you want to compound profit most of the time its better to use default MM setting that come with the EA but use smaller account size if you are not comfortable with default settings.

Thank you, HAMED.

Reason: