MiniMe // Blazer - page 9

2trust:
Hi Minimee,

I've started trading with this system.

I set up the EA on the USD/JPY yesterday, to both long and short as the chart was in the middle of the weekly channel.

Then I set the TMLM: Sell Stop TL1 And BuySTop TL2 and the other parameters as in the pdf.

In the M15 chart the trend was up and hit the upper border.

A buystop pending order was placed automatically.

But the market bounce back downward.

As per my indicators I noticed that the market would truly be downtrend, hence I placed a sell order which resulted in profit today.

But the pending buy order did also executed when the market was at the top of the channel and therefore resulting in losses.

I close the sell order before the market bounce back upward.

The buy order is till opened.....should I wait it to reach at breakeven point to close it?

I place a new buy order after the market bounce and move upward.

Why is the EA not placing the right order?

How to resolve this problem?

Please MiniMee or anyone onboard who can help me be profitable.

Until then,

Happy trading to ALL

Orders will be placed after 4 pips of the channel break, before 4 pips of the channel break there will be pending orders created and deleted if the channel was not broken with 4 pips.

You seems to do the right thing which is hedging but TMLM does not allow that , the US/JAP can go down upto 119.00 but once reached that price it will bounce back, with me I used to let these floating orders fow 4 to 5 days ... the main monthly trend for US/JAP is up so don't worry, and we place the buy double the sell to make some pips on the swap while the orders are floating.

I hate floating orders therefore to avoid this from happining to other people I will remove the final setup for buy and sell ( which is also news setup) and allow only the trades near the channel trend lines.

I hope you are doing the setup on a demo account? if its a live account let me know pls

God Bless you

Hi MiniMee,

I'm really grateful for your kind reply and for sharing your system.

I'm actually demo trading this system.

I've noticed that I'll be more acquainted with the system when trading manually.

Will you please give me some more hints about how to properly manage my trading when doing manually?

Anyone trading this system manually, please share your experiences on board.

I'm sure once we all share our trading, we'll be successful and profitable.

Hope to hear more of you all.

Until then,

Happy trading to all.

Thanks, bud!

Looks like a nice one, I'll check it when I have time.

Testing in progress

Greetings everyone involved in the use of this EA. I am using it on demo on 4 pairs as per instructions, only reduced lot size to 0.1 on both ways. So far looks good, will post results after a month.

keramikus:
Greetings everyone involved in the use of this EA. I am using it on demo on 4 pairs as per instructions, only reduced lot size to 0.1 on both ways. So far looks good, will post results after a month.

Pls stop using the setup for buy and sell and only use the setup for buy only or sell only at the edge of the channel ... that's to avoid floating orders for long time.

Hi MiniMe,

Thanks for sharing your strategy. There are something I am confused. What will you do when the market run against your open trade? It is very hard for me to choose the right time to hedge the trade. Do you have a clear rule about it?

Thanks.

Arui

arui:
Hi MiniMe,

Thanks for sharing your strategy. There are something I am confused. What will you do when the market run against your open trade? It is very hard for me to choose the right time to hedge the trade. Do you have a clear rule about it?

Thanks.

Arui

Tuff question, it all depends on how confident I am from my trades, for example last week in AUDUS has reached a strong round number like 8200, and I talked earlier about the importance of these round numbers and how difficult they are to break, also I read the news so and I kind of knew it cannot get worse than this, in fact I wrote about it.

So back to the question, if I am very sure about my trades (normally I am) and the market went against me, I wait for another 50 pips and I enter in the same direction (most of the time the market goes 30 pips against me then comes back), if I am not sure about my trades I hedge each 20 pips and I target 10 to 15 pips on the way, I hedge with smaller lot and I don’t hedge more than twice ( never had too)

I said last week that I am buying AUD/US yesterday, I closed with 78 pips on 0.05 lots that was on the account alecco traded ( it was like a friendly show up ), and 60 pips on .3 lots on my other account.

Still I need to modify the rules to match the way I trade.

Hi MiniMe,

Thanks for your explanation. It seems it is very hard to automate the hedging part.

Thanks.

Arui

MiniMe i just discover your thread and i really like your ideea

Keep your good work and if i will have more time i will like to test

leutzuro:
MiniMe i just discover your thread and i really like your ideea Keep your good work and if i will have more time i will like to test

Thanks a lot Leutzuro, please keep all future posts to this thread

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176975

I made a template on the first post that may help doing the setup for the EA

Reason: