Range Indicators - page 6

Thanks!

That's exactly it! Thank you!

An Update To Daily Ranges

A user of this forum requested that i put the distance from day high and day low on the calculator, this has been done plus i have color coded the gains and losses of the various calculations and added an moving average adjustment. I do have some more improvments to do and will update in the near future. Please let me know if there is anything more that you think can be added to this GREAT indicator. I have given .ex untill i have finished the updates..enjoy

Files:

Average Range Indicator

Hi CJA,

I looked at your subject indicator and I like it. Besides forex, I trade Indices which are not 24 hour market and I would like to utilize that indicator.

At the moment I see this indicator have no capability in the 'inputs' to change market open and close timings.

Is it possible to incorporate market open/close timings in your indicator?

Thank You

newmont:
A user of this forum requested that i put the distance from day high and day low on the calculator, this has been done plus i have color coded the gains and losses of the various calculations and added an moving average adjustment. I do have some more improvments to do and will update in the near future. Please let me know if there is anything more that you think can be added to this GREAT indicator. I have given .ex untill i have finished the updates..enjoy

Thank you for sharing...good job

Market open close

pakeez:
Hi CJA,

I looked at your subject indicator and I like it. Besides forex, I trade Indices which are not 24 hour market and I would like to utilize that indicator.

At the moment I see this indicator have no capability in the 'inputs' to change market open and close timings.

Is it possible to incorporate market open/close timings in your indicator?

Thank You

I don't really understand the indices market so i could be wrong here , is your concern that the indicator is counting bars between markets while they are closed ?? Could you be more specific about what you would require with example times for open close perhaps because at this stage it is all a bit vague and i don't know if what you want is possible or not.

cja

Can some one write this amibroker indi into MQ4. Many Thanks

// Brian Intra-day idea.

//

// 3 Nov 06.

// This is just a draft based on my understanding of Brian idea...

// Not sure if this is what he mean exactly, need to verify.

//SetChartBkGradientFill( ParamColor("BgTop", colorWhite),ParamColor("BgBottom", colorLightYellow),ParamColor("title block",colorWhite));

Displacement = Param("Displacement", 1, 0, 1 );

Diff_prd1 = 5;

Diff_prd2 = 7;

Diff_prd3 = 22;

Diff_prd4 = 80;

Diff_HL= H - L;

Diff_HL_MA1= MA(Diff_HL,Diff_prd1);

Diff_HL_MA2= MA(Diff_HL,Diff_prd2);

Diff_HL_MA3= MA(Diff_HL,Diff_prd3);

Diff_HL_MA4= MA(Diff_HL,Diff_prd4);

Plot( Diff_HL, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color", ColorCycle), ParamStyle("Histogram style", styleHistogram | styleNoLabel|4, maskHistogram ));

Plot( Diff_HL_MA1, "MA5", colorGreen, styleLine, 0, 0, Displacement );

Plot( Diff_HL_MA2, "MA7", colorBlue, styleLine, 0, 0, Displacement );

Plot( Diff_HL_MA3, "MA22", colorRed, styleLine, 0, 0, Displacement );

Plot( Diff_HL_MA4, "MA80", colorGold, styleLine, 0, 0, Displacement );

//Working out the Possible Price Range...(This is Dynamic)

//1) For the Caculated Today Possible High with Respect to Today Low...

//2) For the Caculated Today Possible Low with Respect to Today Low...

DynHigh1 = L + Ref(Diff_HL_MA1,-1);

DynLow1 = H - Ref(Diff_HL_MA1,-1);

DynHigh2 = L + Ref(Diff_HL_MA2,-1);

DynLow2 = H - Ref(Diff_HL_MA2,-1);

DynHigh3 = L + Ref(Diff_HL_MA3,-1);

DynLow3 = H - Ref(Diff_HL_MA3,-1);

printf("Today Dynamic High (7 Day MA) is: %g\n",DynHigh1);

printf("Today Dynamic Low (7 Day MA) is: %g\n",DynLow1);

printf("\n");

printf("Today Dynamic High (22 Day MA) is: %g\n",DynHigh2);

printf("Today Dynamic Low (22 Day MA) is: %g\n",DynLow2);

printf("\n");

printf("Today Dynamic High (50 Day MA) is: %g\n",DynHigh3);

printf("Today Dynamic Low (50 Day MA) is: %g\n",DynLow3);

printf("\n\n");

_SECTION_END();

An Update to Daily Ranges

I have been doing some work on Daily Ranges and have added two mods, the first is to put in TR= Todays Range - RAvg= 6 day Average Range. I have also Converted the 5 day range calc to 6 days. This is to try and counter act the short bar on the monday or sunday night opening. The short bar depens on the broker that you use but it can mess up the calculation for the whole day.

Files:

AAD:
Hi guys, I forget exactly where I found this TSR indicator but could someone knowledgeable help me improve it.

Hi,

This is the thread of TSR daily range calculator, good luck.

I don't think I can post a screen shot of my range indicator here.

Or can I, newdigital?

Linuxser:
Hi, This is the thread of TSR daily range calculator, good luck.

Thanks for moving my topic into this one.

Anyways I hope someone or the originator of the TSR indicator can help and modify it to add the "Spread" and Candle Closing Time" to it...

Reason: