Chaos Explorer (my indicator for patterns) - page 2

same prob also

k3iroll:
Hi,

It seems that the indicator does not automatically update. I need to refresh the indicator to get it updated. Anybody else having this problem?

k3iroll

not experiencing problem. not using template just the indicator on one chart.

so how does this thing work? do we wait for the red or green dots to appear to make a sell or buy?

criss73:
so how does this thing work? do we wait for the red or green dots to appear to make a sell or buy?

that's what it looks like. i've got it on the M30 and M60 euro/usd to see how it goes. the diamonds can form before the close of the bar.

this indicator might be "too good to be true". i wonder if it repaints. basically from my observation, attach indicator either on 30m or 1hr chart and when you see either a red or green take the trade. now if you look back at all the signals you would have made pips perfectly; which leads me to believe there is something to it. i'll keep observing and hopefully catch the red or green dots at the moment. who knows!

????????

is there anyway to make the seperation a none seperation? for example #1 moves 1 bar before the actually bar...can we have the lines lined up with the immediate bar? i dont know. this thing has great potential!

My observation/opinion

The indicator still does not refresh automatically on my chart. I've open a new chart and place only this indi on it. Still need to manually refresh.

However, it seems to me that the separation is some sort like a shift function. For example: "13 separation input" means the indi will shift 13 bars back. Although on the historical data you can see that the signals are perfect .. but actually they are lagging behind. You will enter too late.

Well, that is my observation. I'm not too sure whether it correct or not. Hope, somebody else will give their observation on this as well.

k3iroll

ralph.ronnquist:
Maybe I don't understand it properly, but as far as I can read the code, it says:
buff1[pos]=Close[pos]/Close[pos-Separation];

buff2[pos]=Open[pos]/Open[pos-Separation];

buff3[pos]=High[pos]/High[pos-Separation];

buff4[pos]=Low[pos]/Low[pos-Separation];

where "Separation" is a positive number, and "pos" is the bar index.

So for pos=0, you will get pos-Separation < 0. E.g. Close[0]/Close[-4] (if Separation=4) which thus refers into the future. Separation=4 is of course meaningless except for bars 4 and up, but the result is anyhow that every bar is painted by using a number that refers into the future of it.

It may still be a "good indicator" visually, of course.

Yeah, Ralphy! You're right, shame on me... The only thing that I can say for the sake of indicator as it is now, is that

1) sometimes we can see a pattern formation of 4 lines just before the move.

(I use 15min timeframe ZOOMED WELL + candle sticks or Heiken Ashi)

2) we can use pairs of currencies that sometimes lag in relative to each other, and see future of pattern in an adjcent currency (eg: EURUSD, GBPUSD)

Also I've tried to do

if ( pos>Separation )

{

buff1[pos]=Close[pos]/Close[pos-Separation];

buff2[pos]=Open[pos]/Open[pos-Separation];

buff3[pos]=High[pos]/High[pos-Separation];

buff4[pos]=Low[pos]/Low[pos-Separation];

// SELL SIGNAL

if (buff1[pos] > indicator_level1 )

buy[pos]=buff1[pos];

else if (buff2[pos] > indicator_level1)

buy[pos]=buff2[pos];

else if ( buff3[pos] > indicator_level1 )

buy[pos]= buff3[pos];

else if (buff4[pos] > indicator_level1)

buy[pos]=buff4[pos];

// BUY SIGNAL

if (buff1[pos] < indicator_level2 )

sell[pos]=buff1[pos];

else if (buff2[pos] < indicator_level2)

sell[pos]=buff2[pos];

else if ( buff3[pos] < indicator_level2 )

sell[pos]= buff3[pos];

else if (buff4[pos] < indicator_level2)

sell[pos]=buff4[pos];

} // if pos offset

but it doesn't seem to work... But well, the answer soon has to come Tnx for pointing put the stuff!

k3iroll:
The indicator still does not refresh automatically on my chart. I've open a new chart and place only this indi on it. Still need to manually refresh.

However, it seems to me that the separation is some sort like a shift function. For example: "13 separation input" means the indi will shift 13 bars back. Although on the historical data you can see that the signals are perfect .. but actually they are lagging behind. You will enter too late.

Well, that is my observation. I'm not too sure whether it correct or not. Hope, somebody else will give their observation on this as well.

k3iroll

Yeah you're right! But there are a few thing to go about it, such as using two adjacent pairs EURUSD & GBPUSD and see where the pattern come tirst, then enter on lagging.

Reason: