Chaos Explorer (my indicator for patterns) - page 3

jatki24300:
I like your indicator. Is there a way to put an alert on it? One that would give you an alert when a new red or green dot gives you the signal. For the top row only. I think that is the main signal. All the other lines are like a wave. Letting you know a move is coming. Can the author of this also give us his trading rules? How are you using this system? Can the Senior Member also give there insight. Let’s keep this tread moving. Thanks. Jatki24300

Hi! I've just added an alert.

Unfortunately I've realized that this indicator is in fact lagging or real-time at most, but there are few things:

1) there's some potential about patterns of the indicator, like clusters of dots... but don't know yet how to go about them.

2) since it shows all the dots as the move has just finished, it can be used to enter on reversals, together with Alligator & Heiken Ashi as filter (ie after red dot we're waiting for heiken ashi series to become green and then buy).

Thx a lot for collaboration, jatki!

Files:

Alert

Thanks for the fast reply. I can not get the alert to sound. Do I need to change anything in the alert setting. Thanks. Lets keep working on this. It could be great. I did try to use stright fab numbers 1257....so on. It looks good. Now with the help of the other people on this forum we can make a great system. Jatki24300

jatki24300:
Thanks for the fast reply. I can not get the alert to sound. Do I need to change anything in the alert setting. Thanks. Lets keep working on this. It could be great. I did try to use stright fab numbers 1257....so on. It looks good. Now with the help of the other people on this forum we can make a great system. Jatki24300

For the alert sound you have to go to press Cntr+O -> Events tab and there set sound for alert.

btw, does this indicator refresh itself in real time on your comp? some people say that it doesn't on their machine...

Refresh

No I am also having trouble with it refreshing. Keep up the good work. Thanks. Jatki24300

jatki24300:
No I am also having trouble with it refreshing. Keep up the good work. Thanks. Jatki24300

Jatki, I was trying to find smth on the forum that has same problem of refreshing and It came out that I found very similar indicator to mine, also with dots.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175890

I've just put it on 1Day timeframe (I guess smth else can be used..)

and the idea is to have:

Shi dots + candles -> for enter

AO + AC + automatic fibs -> for exits

I'll try it on the week, and will try to fix mine as well.

But what I'm really constantly thinking about is how can we make such visual design of indicator system, so that in one window we can see the setup for all needed timeframes, and as well so that it's not clumsy and overloaded... for instance a day ago I thought of having indicator on 1min frame that will show around every cande layers or ranges for upper periods in aureoles of different colors... but range is not enough, it has to be a set of indicators shown on one chart (of most lower timeframe) for different upper periods...

Sorry, But this one is looking forward to future.

buff1[pos]=Close[pos]/Close[pos-Separation];

buff2[pos]=Open[pos]/Open[pos-Separation];

buff3[pos]=High[pos]/High[pos-Separation];

buff4[pos]=Low[pos]/Low[pos-Separation];

When U is in bar numer "pos" You can't get "Close[pos-Separation]".

If U know Close[pos-Separation] when U is in bar "pos" just open order in the direction and set take profit = Close[pos-Separation]. It is better if U know High[pos-Separation] & Low[pos-Separation] .

Right formula is :

buff1[pos]=Close[pos+Separation]/Close[pos];

buff2[pos]=Open[pos+Separation]/Open[pos];

buff3[pos]=High[pos+Separation]/High[pos];

buff4[pos]=Low[pos+Separation]/Low[pos];

Nothing impressive.

Regards.

Good work......

Very interesting and unique.. hope there will more explanation about how to use it..

Pj

update

hello, everyone!

here's the indicator fixed, finally - now it is in real time and plotting a few windows with different Separation still gives some patterns, but I'm not yet clear on how to tractate them, maybe using divergence concept...

the values for the corridor in the indicator I've taken using charting in excel using the following procedure:

1) saved 15min history to .cvs from MT

2) made a separate column with formula x(n)=x(n)/x(n-1)

3) dublicated this column with a shift, to get smth like lets say

[col 1] [col 2]

2 nothing

3 2

4 3

5 4

4 5

1 4

5 1

3) plotting [col 1] versus [col 2] or wise-versa, doesn't matter, as well as the shift in columns can be greater than two. this is the procedure called embedding and is used to get a visual image of chaos (if it exists in given timeseries). I've tried also 5min timeframe and it also gives good results for chaos, but timeframes greater than 1H, as I understand need a history of greater samples than available to see pattern

4) the corridor values are the ones that surround the main picture on the graph.

the embedding procedure is discussed in http://www.scientio.com/resources/thesis.pdf - thats a nice paper on chaos in timeseries and I'm also planning to make an indicator that makes use of the XML service that the site provides to analyse chaos in series (and even predict). would anyone like to contribute? (basically a nice DLL which is able to communicate with web services is needed, so that it can be used from mql code to upload data and download estimations)

Files:
eurusd15.rar  587 kb

hi

Aleksandr Nevskiy:
hello, everyone!

here's the indicator fixed, finally - now it is in real time and plotting a few windows with different Separation still gives some patterns, but I'm not yet clear on how to tractate them, maybe using divergence concept...

the values for the corridor in the indicator I've taken using charting in excel using the following procedure:

1) saved 15min history to .cvs from MT

2) made a separate column with formula x(n)=x(n)/x(n-1)

3) dublicated this column with a shift, to get smth like lets say

[col 1] [col 2]

2 nothing

3 2

4 3

5 4

4 5

1 4

5 1

3) plotting [col 1] versus [col 2] or wise-versa, doesn't matter, as well as the shift in columns can be greater than two. this is the procedure called embedding and is used to get a visual image of chaos (if it exists in given timeseries). I've tried also 5min timeframe and it also gives good results for chaos, but timeframes greater than 1H, as I understand need a history of greater samples than available to see pattern

4) the corridor values are the ones that surround the main picture on the graph.

the embedding procedure is discussed in http://www.scientio.com/resources/thesis.pdf - thats a nice paper on chaos in timeseries and I'm also planning to make an indicator that makes use of the XML service that the site provides to analyse chaos in series (and even predict). would anyone like to contribute? (basically a nice DLL which is able to communicate with web services is needed, so that it can be used from mql code to upload data and download estimations)

seems good indicator, but can you explain about entry and exit point using your indi ?

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz,

I haven't yet figured out the exact rules, but the general heuristic is that indicator values in windows with greater Separation value go below the corridor earlier than the ones with smaller Separation, so I think a matter of figuring out right set of Separation values and go that like that... thx for your interest! if you find something interesting about it, pls share it with us.

Reason: