Better Bollinger Bands... - page 2

Fractional Bands

Can anyone convert the fractional bands Fractional Bands - MQL4 Code Base into normalized oscillator?Like in the case of Bollinger bands in the below picture Indicator %BB - MQL4 Code Base ?Many thanks.

Files:

biddick:
Can anyone convert the fractional bands Fractional Bands - MQL4 Code Base into normalized oscillator?Like in the case of Bollinger bands in the below picture Indicator %BB - MQL4 Code Base ?Many thanks.

Fractional Bands

fb prc

Files:

Thanks a lot Fxbs ,much appreciated.

thanks a lot god bless u...

thiss good info .....try tu use it........,tq all my friend

better bollinger bands - need help

I'm fairly new to MQL and I'm trying to code a better bollinger bands indicator, but what i've coded is not working. There are no compilation errors but in the experts/log file i keep getting "zero divide" when this indicator is loading.

I've checked all divisions in the code, I can't figure out what's happening. I'm guessing it has to do with some array index that makes a reference to a non-existing bar but I can't figure it out.

Can anyone please help? I've attached the code.

Files:

kauffman bands

what you think about this one ?

Files:

wow. very nice!

Multi TF BB Alert

I am not an expert programmer but this is one of my most useful indicators.

You can not back test with this indicator as it only using the current BB Level. It is dynamic so you will see the BB levels change as the candle closes. So if you ask "Why it repaints?" It is because it is suppose to.

You can choose 3 different time frames and periods.

It truly is a gem when fading market movements because you can tell exactly how overbought or oversold it is in each time frame without the mess all over your screen of all those Bands. You can use that screen real estate for other indicators.

For the Upper and Lower channels I used their respective Price_Low and Price_High. You can change that if you would like but it is more reliable using the High and Low and far less fake signals.

I have programmed four alerts.

1. Time Frame 1

2. Time Frame 2

3. Time Frame 3

4. All Time Frames

I usually set TF1=5, TF2=15,and TF3=60. Works well for me. Well I hope it works for you. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

MTF BB bands

Great idea but the indicator occupies too much processor capacity, like so many indicators and EA.

Maybe someone can improve the code?

cutzpr:
I am not an expert programmer but this is one of my most useful indicators.

You can not back test with this indicator as it only using the current BB Level. It is dynamic so you will see the BB levels change as the candle closes. So if you ask "Why it repaints?" It is because it is suppose to.

You can choose 3 different time frames and periods.

It truly is a gem when fading market movements because you can tell exactly how overbought or oversold it is in each time frame without the mess all over your screen of all those Bands. You can use that screen real estate for other indicators.

For the Upper and Lower channels I used their respective Price_Low and Price_High. You can change that if you would like but it is more reliable using the High and Low and far less fake signals.

I have programmed four alerts.

1. Time Frame 1

2. Time Frame 2

3. Time Frame 3

4. All Time Frames

I usually set TF1=5, TF2=15,and TF3=60. Works well for me. Well I hope it works for you. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

heikobaer:
Great idea but the indicator occupies too much processor capacity, like so many indicators and EA. Maybe someone can improve the code?

Your abosultely right. It did take a good amount of processing power because it was updating on every tick. I modified it so that it only updates when their is a new bar on the chart or when you switch the chart to a different time frame. This considerabily saves processing power.

I use this indicator when Im looking to buy on a dip or sell after a little rally. Once that price moves above or below the 3 different BB time frames, it is overbought/sold and you should look to place a trade to fade. Of course I use other technical analysis tools to judge momentum and if i should put the trade on or not. But each trader has their own tricks.

Hope it helps.

Reason: