Phoenix - Chimera Time Management

This thread allows us to organize activities from one central place.

Only contributors to the project should post here.

Don't post any questions and don't answers any in this thread. Send Private messages only to the poster you are interested in. If you have helpful ideas about what I have started here, Private message me so I can update this post.

We want to keep this thread small and pertinent.

There should be two kinds of Posts

1. Personal Posts - each contributorwould have one.

• What I am planning to do in the future.
  • What am I doing now.
  • What have I done.
  • What is my skill set.
  • Any other pertinent details.
  • 2. Activity Posts - for each activitythat needs central organization

example - Testing Post - organizing who is testing what (figure this out amongst yourself over in your posting thread. Then the guy you feel fits best should come here and enter the one special post for Testing.

• Someone who posts every day, so the post will be up to date.
  • Feels committed to be around for a long time.
  • It doesn't mean you need to organize this whole thing yourself.

Daraknor is the MVP for Phoenix. We need him to post first. So we can see the overall direction.

This is a Personal Post.

What I am planning to do in the future.

Maintain (bug fix), Support (answer questions) and develop Phoenix/Chimera more. My focus is on Phoenix, but I will contribute to the Chimera trending system while Phoenix remains a counter trend system.

I plan to write optimization guides, and continue optimizing Phoenix as necessary.

PhoenixFund development and trading, maintain relationship with FXDD as IB.

What am I doing now:

Phoenix testing and signal development. Slightly distracted by a fractal Support and Resist system.

PhoenixFund wire transfers, hosting, website updating (needs another round, m6m6 recommended CRM style features and I agree), reporting and accounting.

What have I done:

Phoenix Fund, Phoenix 5.6.3- Phoenix 5.7.2 maintenance, Phoenix 6 development, Phoenix optimization research.

What is my skill set:

Several commercial EA and indicators on contract. (advanced channel breakout, Martingale, + several simple methods) Fractal research with channel trading.

Programming in MQL for 6 months. Programming in C, PHP, Python, C# and a dozen more minor languages including assembler, OCaml, tclsh, bash for 12 years.

AI researcher (Bayes, NN, Rule, GA, no NLP), Systems Analyst, Sustainability researcher, Cryptography/VPN expert.

Any other pertinent details.

I'm willing to follow collective volition (your opinion counts) and welcome suggestions.

Suggestions on signals (one of my weaker areas) are greatly welcome. Documentation lovingly accepted. (Read as: I don't want to specialize in these areas)

Edit: Will make this Chimera specific later on.

M6m6

M6M6 (April 1, 2007)

What am I doing now:

Not being a programmer, I am involved in testing, back testing (I learned how to do that efficiently here on these threads) and answer some questions from new people joining the Forum.

What I am planning to do in the future:

I requested the permission from Daraknor to supervise the Phoenix Fund Website updates and suggested to create a back office CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution. Again, I am not a programmer, so to do that, I did ask a very good friend of mine who owns a Website programming company to joint in the effort for the creation and design part. They will soon start. I will eventually take care of communications generated from the Fund Website. Any other people who have Website designing or complementary skills are welcome.

What have I done and skill set:

I have a financial and business background. I am a 44 years old semi retired businessman. I was involved in a number of businesses in the service, security and manufacturing industries. One of my companies was manufacturing products and distributing nautical products in 80 countries. So I traveled extensively in the past and developed a fairly good expertise in CRM. I recently sold the security company. I am still involved in a few ventures and active in the stock market for many years but, from now on, I will be focusing on the Forex market. I discovered Forex and MT4 nine months ago (July 2006).

Any other pertinent details:

Molecule6 is referring to a group of individuals who are sharing and caring. I strongly believe and proved numerous times that a well intentioned group of complementary individuals can accomplish unbelievable things. This forum is totally natural for me to be in. I also strongly support Daraknor and Hendrick vision and want to help others who are less fortunate.

pcontour - Personal Post

What I am planning to do in the future.

• Fix bugs in Phoenix 6
  • Update the code for Phoenix 6.
  • Updated the manual and optimization guide for Phoenix 6.
  • Help people get the code right on their new indicators. You build it I fix it.
  • Open an FXDD demo account
  • Get a new computer
  • Do some Optimization
  • Do some live testing.
  • Trade for real, and make some money.
  • What am I doing now - and what is on my todo list.

1. Chimera easy - working with Autumn leaves to make a Trending EA, using the same code base as Phoenix - only the signals will change.
    2. Slowly getting things a little more organized here as the need and time permits.
    3. I have a fix for the 131 error - but I need someone to test it.
    4. What have I done.

What is my skill set.

• 30 years in information technology. Created programming standards
    • 20 years of investing

Any other pertinent details.

• My personal commitment is 1 hour a day.
  • Mostly I post on the weekends.
  • Started with Forex in Nov. 2006

Soap Box

• This is a volunteer effort, so we have no obligation to each other.
  • This is open source, so thieves will likely steal the work and even use it for commercial purposes. Worrying about that is not in my goals.
  • I will not answer any rude posts.
  • You regulars are a great bunch of people.
  • I am enjoying this, so it's not like work.
  • Reason: