Trend /Reversal /Continuation HELPER - page 3

cja:
This is a small program that i find useful to give me a quick reference as to the current condition of the market, the M1 & M5 give you the short term info as to reversals or retracements, the M15 & m30 give the medium condition, and the H1 & H4 give the daily trend condition. If the H1 & H4 are the same color the trading range is generally large if different the range is generally smaller and the trading tends to be choppy.

This can be located in either the top left or top right of your chart and has the option of either having the extra details ( Daily Av, spread etc ) or not.

The price color changes based on the average daily trend condition

LIME = UP ................. ORANGE = Flat ................. RED = Down

The MACD is based on a fast setting of 8/17/9 and has a quicker response than the standard 12/26/9 settings. If the MACD xrosses UP while below the zero level the color is GREEN if it xrosses UP while above the zero line the color is LIME and for the xross DOWN if above the zero level it is TOMATO and below the zreo level RED, so if for example the price turns UP below the zero level it turns GREEN and then if it continues up thru the zero level it turns LIME which shows the move has some strength.

The STR is based on the average of RSI Period 9 / Stoch 533 & CCI Period 13

If all the indicators are showing an UP move then the bar color is LIME, for a DOWN move RED and if some are UP and some DOWN then ORANGE

The EMA is based on the xross of an EMA5 & EMA9

An UP move is a LIME Bar and DOWN is a RED Bar

The Daily Average figures change from red to green based on whether the range today is higher or lower than yesterday, so if the range was say 60 yesterday and 70 today based on the last 20 days average then the Daily average numbers would be GREEN.

The pips to Open change color from red to green depending on whether the Price is above or below the Open price for the day.

This gives a very good average of the market which i have found to be very accurate. If all the lower timeframes are turning GREEN then a reversal or retracement is on and if the M15 & M30 also change to GREEN then it adds strength to the move of course it goes without saying if you are going to trade against the trend of the H1 & H4 then be very careful, paticularly the H1 gives the TREND STRENGTH for the current day either supported or not supported by the H4.

If both the H1 & H4 are the same color then a currency pair will generally run past the Daily Average figures if different colors or changing between colors the Daily Average is about the top of the range for the day.

Enjoy cja

I have now added options for smaller size & Price has an ON/OFF option - Plus you can now alter the distance from the top using the Shift function in the inputs tab

Screenshot showing smaller size option

This shows the UPWARD move is gaining strength. Note that the H1 & H4 are still showing some downward strength

Now the move is gaining even more strength even though the PRICE has only moved a few pips

These 3 screenshots cover around 1 hour of time

NOTE: Occasionally some of the STR Bars go blank as i have not coded in every single option for the ORANGE Bars due to the huge number of lines of code required, this usually only lasts for a very brief period, the PRICE may also disapear on occasion but the same applies it is only usually a brief period of time as the code moves from one option to another or passes over the gap in the code, i have not found it to be a problem so do not think it worth the extra lines of code at present. If the Bar/Price disapear it means you are in an ORANGE zone anyway.

cja,

Excellent work! You were reading my mind. I was just going to PM you for something like this. This fits well on my CTAP strategy; though it will be strictly for visual. Thank you.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Hi,cja!Thank you for your hard work!

I have a problem with the #Signal_Bars_v1.ex4.Some textes are very small.Look at the picture.

Files:
wu4.jpg  26 kb

Re small text

wujun122:
Hi,cja!Thank you for your hard work! I have a problem with the #Signal_Bars_v1.ex4.Some textes are very small.Look at the picture.

I do not know how you got that text it is not the text the indicator has built into it, that text looks like Times Roman or something similar and the text in the indicator is Arial & Arial Bold. Is it possible that you have some sort of default text in your platform , i notice that the other text remains the same as the original indicator text, perhaps you downloaded the full source file i posted earlier on but i took it back off as i found some coding errors in the shift function and fixed them then posted the ex4 with the fixes.

Apart from that i have no idea what would have caused those text issues, does it still have the problem if you load only the #Signal Bars onto the chart and nothing else, you could perhaps have a code conflict with another indicator???

cja

Thanks

Simply wonderful!

Thank you for your respondence.I load only the #Signal Bars onto the chart but still have the problem!

cja:
I do not know how you got that text it is not the text the indicator has built into it, that text looks like Times Roman or something similar and the text in the indicator is Arial & Arial Bold. Is it possible that you have some sort of default text in your platform , i notice that the other text remains the same as the original indicator text, perhaps you downloaded the full source file i posted earlier on but i took it back off as i found some coding errors in the shift function and fixed them then posted the ex4 with the fixes.

Apart from that i have no idea what would have caused those text issues, does it still have the problem if you load only the #Signal Bars onto the chart and nothing else, you could perhaps have a code conflict with another indicator???

cja

Thank you cja... this tool is great... but can you make it more customizable.. so we can change the MACD period etc, .........

regard

Pj

have a problem...

cja.. thanks !

but i have a problem.

i had copy the indicator to expert > indicator and than restart my ibfx metatrader.

but in the navigator i can't find the indicator. what's wrong?

thanks

farrellunna:
cja.. thanks !

but i have a problem.

i had copy the indicator to expert > indicator and than restart my ibfx metatrader.

but in the navigator i can't find the indicator. what's wrong?

thanks

It should be in the navigator list - you will find it near the top because of the # in front of the name not under the S part of the list. if not make sure you actually have saved it to the indicator folder and not the expert folder , hope this helps.

Mod

Hi CJA.

Wanted to do this but then I noticed the File was an EX.

Could you please add the Clock into you indi to display the Times below. I loaded it but it clutters the screen abit.

Thanks for the trouble

Files:
clock_v1_2.mq4  17 kb

Trend/Reversal/Continuation

cja thank you for your hard work.

I am new to this whole business. I have followed the whole thread and I did not see the file. I opened up all the other files and I can't find the indicator. Can you please help me?

Fritz

I just found it so forget the message. I need a white cane.

Reason: