TrendMeLeaveMe - page 10

Hi all.

I am trying to adjust the TP and SL (default; 50 tp, 30 sl) on this EA.. but seems the EA doesnt work.. what should I do in order to set my own TP and SL?

Tmlm

I've been trying to figure out this EA for a while but it seems graphic explanations are as scarce as hen's teeth. All the words in the world are no substitute for a good picture.

So far the explanations are haphazard at best, for someone trying to get the workings of this EA.

It appears to have merit, and I applaud those who are trying to explain without the aid of a graphic or two. Right now this EA seems to be like a Cadillac without wheels and engine. Long on potential, but short on delivery.

Am sorry guys, if you want to help, and am sure you do, please show us some charts, simple ones, with how this EA is supposed to work. Otherwise, bury it!

Cheers,

Pip2

I can't find a way to make things more easy the first post, maybe another member can explain it in a different way

fxinthecity:
Hello

I liked this EA very much always thought about something like that, but its not easy to draw always trendlines. And we cant Backtest the EA huh? Haha i have found a way to backtest Easy:

Load backtester and go to settings in from trendmeleaveme there you can change the name of the buystop and sellstop. I have changed this from buystop to HL_1 and sellstop to LL_1. Then i have start the Backtest and if there comes the Visual mode window, EASY Load the indicator Demark Trendline in to the chart to get auto trendlines. and look how it trades

Iam testing this in my demo account now with Demark TrendlineMaker and the EA works very well for now...

Looks like the holy grail with right settings... Lets find the best settings for this EA friends

hope it Helps

Regards

PS: THE OPEN POSITIONS IN THIS STATEMENT ISNT FROM TRENDMELEAVEME , IAM RUNNING 2 EAS IN THIS ACCOUNT AND THE OTHER ONE DOESNT CLOSED ANY POSTITIONS YET. YOU CAN SEE IT ON THE COMMENTS FROM THE TRADES..

I hope for support to get best settings for this great EA!

Hi thanks for the info. Am just getting into this EA and I need help.

1) which DeMark trendline indicator did you use? There are several out there and the one I used did not work. I got "No data" error from the tester.

2) do you add the DeMarker trend after clicking START in visual mode?

Hope you can help me am desperate, I think this a good EA I can use, but so far I cannot get it to work.

Pipsqueak2 See attached

Files:
tmlm.jpg  115 kb

there is one on post 27 by barnix, that one works well

and yes after click on the visual mode and the EA starts add the indicator, after naming the channel lines on the EA with the same name of the indicator channel lines, but I don't belive in backtests.

MiniMe:
there is one on post 27 by barnix, that one works well and yes after click on the visual mode and the EA starts add the indicator, after naming the channel lines on the EA with the same name of the indicator channel lines, but I don't belive in backtests.

Well all the info did not help, not one bit.

I finally found out that by just drawing a trendline and attaching TMLM-Gold, on the next tic it opens a buystop or a sellstop. I never added BuyStop_StepUpper etc. The SL and TP are as I entered them in the param window. So it seems like I got it to work in a fashion. Time will tell whether this is a reliable system.

Seems like all those instructions were useless at least to me.

Cgeers ,

Pip2

Edit: The instructions on the Metaquotes site are absolutely misleading. I thought I had to draw 3 trend lines and label all three!. What a waste of time.

For newbies, ignore the meta instructions period.

Just draw a trend line where you expect price to cross up or down. Double click on it to highlight, right click to select proerties. and NAME it buystop OR sellstop. You can leave description blank. Ckick OK and you're done. The software adds the other lines according to what you have entered in the params window. E.g. stop loss take profit and active area.

The EA may already be attached to the chart before the trend line is drawn. Any questions? PM me for answers.

Not everyone could teach, teaching is an art so am not surprised that the help on this thread was not up to par in my estimation. Am not blaming anybody, am merely stating a fact!

Pip2

No Reply

Hello MiniMe,

Sorry about the non reply to your email. I have been very busy writing EAs for paying clients and have not had much time to do free work lately.

What free time I do have I spend working on RSI ea or several of my own.

I might have a little time to look at this in the next few days.

MrPip

MrPip:
Hello MiniMe,

Sorry about the non reply to your email. I have been very busy writing EAs for paying clients and have not had much time to do free work lately.

What free time I do have I spend working on RSI ea or several of my own.

I might have a little time to look at this in the next few days.

MrPip

You have given more than what we expected, you are a great coder and a great person.

Don't bother with this EA now, its a good tool for manual trading, and once I got the right setup I will post it online. I found a good setup for this EA to trade daily channels, which I posted on MiniMe/Blaser however still its not a fully automated system.

Thanks a lot Robert for all your effort.

Regards

Alan

TrandMe & Dolly

Hello.

I have a new idea..

TrendMeLeaveMe2 whit Dolly.

I am trying to setup everithing but is not working propely.

If somebody can help me whit this setup I verry appreciat.

Take a look on this screen.

I post my template to.

THANKS

Files:

thanks pipetrader and thanks probverbs

Reason: