MT4 VPS

Dear Experts

When I run my EA on the MT4 VPS I don't get any journal messages on the trades or trade arrows on the chart. It's hard to follow what the trades are doing.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards

You should get journal from the VPS server not local desktop terminal.

AlekseyP:
You should get journal from the VPS server not local desktop terminal.
Thanks for the pointer, so how do I access the journal from MT4 Server?

Stark:
Thanks for the pointer, so how do I access the journal from MT4 Server?

Okay I think I have found the server journal. I will have a look at the messages.

Do you have any advise as to how I can get the buy and sell arrows on the chart when EA runs remotely on the server?

Regards

Stark:

Okay I think I have found the server journal. I will have a look at the messages.

Do you have any advise as to how I can get the buy and sell arrows on the chart when EA runs remotely on the server?

Regards

Print the value of arrows buy or sell. Your expert trade automatically or not?

AlekseyP:
Print the value of arrows buy or sell. Your expert trade automatically or not?

Thanks I will have a look at that. It trades automatically and arrow appear when desktop is available.

Issue is getting the arrows during remote VPS trading to appear on the charts.

I  seems to not get the arrows when I log into desktop.

Where is the print buy or sell setting?

regards

stark you can also enable trade transaction notifications in notification settings under tool>options and enter your MetaQuotes ID from the iphone or android app then you can view and modify your trades on your mobile device anywhere anytime.

Stark:

Thanks I will have a look at that. It trades automatically and arrow appear when desktop is available.

Issue is getting the arrows during remote VPS trading to appear on the charts.

I  seems to not get the arrows when I log into desktop.

Where is the print buy or sell setting?

regards

After migration to the VPS server expert disabled on the desktop and automatically trades in the VPS.

AlekseyP:
After migration to the VPS server expert disabled on the desktop and automatically trades in the VPS.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am new to EA and still learning a lot.

So far I am finding that it has an advantage to just pure manual trading.

Would you agree with that assessment?

Money management is great and not missing out on good setups even when you are not there.

Kind regards

Stark:

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am new to EA and still learning a lot.

So far I am finding that it has an advantage to just pure manual trading.

Would you agree with that assessment?

Money management is great and not missing out on good setups even when you are not there.

Kind regards

Yes and no.  if you take your line "it has an advantage" by itself, then yes.  There is the advantage of it sitting in there watching the market all the time instead of you having to do it when manually trading.  It can enter trades that you might possibly have missed because you just physically cannot sit in front of your computer for every single minute every market you want to trade is open.

The potential down side is that it runs automatically, and if it was not designed well (like no stop loss mechanism), it could potentially wipe out the entire account it is trading.  It might even do so before you can catch it if a trade goes against your system really badly.

JD4:

Yes and no.  if you take your line "it has an advantage" by itself, then yes.  There is the advantage of it sitting in there watching the market all the time instead of you having to do it when manually trading.  It can enter trades that you might possibly have missed because you just physically cannot sit in front of your computer for every single minute every market you want to trade is open.

The potential down side is that it runs automatically, and if it was not designed well (like no stop loss mechanism), it could potentially wipe out the entire account it is trading.  It might even do so before you can catch it if a trade goes against your system really badly.

JD4 thanks for that stark warning that the RA can wipe out an entire account.

What is the event that I should fear the most, no stop loss is one of them, are there any others?

Reason: