HELP - How do i clear the current chart and profile so I can add a new chart & create a newprofile for it?

I'm using MT4 but I can't figure out how to clear the current chart and profile so I can start new chart and create a new profile.

When I delete clear the current chart and profile it saves the changes as part of the profile so I lose the original definition fo the profile.

It is very frustrating as my current profiles are always messed up when I try to clear the screen and add a new chart and create a new profile.

hello

i am using arab financial brokers meta 4 how i get new chat to include into this meta which is not in list?

fxjaysingh:

hello

i am using arab financial brokers meta 4 how i get new chat to include into this meta which is not in list?

Get a different Broker.

ok thanks

1949:

I'm using MT4 but I can't figure out how to clear the current chart and profile so I can start new chart and create a new profile.

When I delete clear the current chart and profile it saves the changes as part of the profile so I lose the original definition fo the profile.

It is very frustrating as my current profiles are always messed up when I try to clear the screen and add a new chart and create a new profile.

1949:

Did you try loading up the indicators you want on a specific chart and then save them as a template?  To clear the chart you are currently using, there are some programs out there that will do that, but I find it just as easy to open another chart window, and set it to the current chart's settings (symbol and time frame).

Very easy to make this happen. Out of the box is excellent to get started.  Learning all nuances of the program are important.  What few tricks for me I have learned to work Templates and Profile tricks are as such:

This is basic - so All Advanced people please hold comment. 

All items are all pretty well selected top of the bar on the left - Select View Check All "ToolBars" items in its drop right open box, Also select and check Status Bar and Charts.

Notice with Status Bar checked - Bottom Right Center (in MT4's Program Framework) is our Current Profile Name.  This Replicates File/Profile Functions, same as you'd select File / Profile etc.

Left Click and Select "Default"  This is out of box default profile.  Now If there is not an open chart even better - or select any chart and now right click in the chart select one(1) of your custom templates or a template you may test this example with.  Close all the other charts by either selecting and only clicking the "top right X" in that chart window and NOT MT4s X to shut the program down, if you do re-open and re-select Default Profile.  We only wish for 1 Chart to be open here.

Right click again and Select Template and Now Save your same seen chart template but save it as "default"   This will be known as to why in a moment.

Now if not already close all but ONE of the charts you may have open or if there is only the 1 chart open stay here and follow the steps. Mouse back to the bottom Center Profile Selector that says yes " Default " and click on Save As - Default Profile this will overwrite itself with the changes you have made - 1 Chart by what ever fav currency, and your own template.   Say yes to overwrite I'll express again. 

Now do this one more time - and Name this now - Vanilla-1 .   Why This will duplicate the default and also create a new profile called Vanilla-1.   Reason is Vanilla-1 will always be as this unless you change it or make additions.  Default is the profile to which we build our charts and profiles to how we setup either our Trading Profiles and or our Daily Routine Drilling Profiles.

I could go into another very cool and methodical way to logically set profiles - Like naming them Alphanumerical . Being A super cool feature Ctrl+F5 and Shift+F5  scroll forward and reverse thru your profile names.  Dang I'm writing an article here. But if you name your multi-profiles like say A01-MyProf-1, A02-MyProf-2, A03-MyProf-3... and so on or Drilling as D01,D02.. etc you get the idea .. Now each morning if you sel D01 and view your charts then tap Control+F5 D02 loads and view etc etc.

Back To Vanilla-1 - keep or leave it always with only the 1 chart - this is now our Private and Custom Reference - We may at any time we have time to open it - And Save it and overwrite Default.  Now with Default I can use that profile to customize any additional profiles I wish to perform - Save that new Build from working in the default profile we copied off the Vanilla-1, now built up to a new profile we save it and name as "MyNewBuild" - in profile or what ever name you magically decide - this will now add to your profile selections and provide a wild variance to your charting and profile needs and use-able-functions.

Same can work for Templates - Just don't name them  ADX-RSI-Blah-Blah - it gets messy - name them as example D01_Macd_Full. as example if Macd is your thing and you have a few other signals added or what ever - It provides user sync with your profiles to similar existence and use.   So hey - why not apply our same function - Name our Template as we customize it  The one caveat here is there is no HotKey function to cycle thru Templates - we still require to right click on a chart and change the template.   But if you Save your Template as  D01-Macd

and the save it again and this time - save it to name .. " default " .. Everytime we now open a brand new chart from the "Market Watch" and click on Chart Window.  This new Chart window will open with the Default Template . And wow we copied our own custom template to default.  There for the chart will now open exactly with this same template. 

Hope that cooks a new life into charting and profile function.

I have created by using the Open Code a Set-Charts program that will super fast create a profile with 25 charts for drilling by a specific TimeFrame (TF) .  I started with searching the code base for " Chart Open " or  "Open Charts " there are a few advanced programmers whom have created a very nice framework to open a chart by a script. I simply am good to taking much code and creating my own useful function.  I could upload that to the code base for all to glory from.  If wish.

Reason: