Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 87

Dear Codes GURU,

I sometimes found an error in my Journal as below picture.....

Does anyone have any Idea what could have caused this error.... It show up after a few minutes starting my terminal...

The Auto Refresh timer is triggering this error....

But everything is working... e.g I still could trade, the tick is there....

yours truly

AZRUL...

Files:

12BPRO:
Dear Codes GURU,

I sometimes found an error in my Journal as below picture.....

Does anyone have any Idea what could have caused this error.... It show up after a few minutes starting my terminal...

The Auto Refresh timer is triggering this error....

But everything is working... e.g I still could trade, the tick is there....

yours truly

AZRUL...

That is a problem with the broker server

mladen:
That is a problem with the broker server

Dear SIR MLADEN,

hmmmmm, that is strange...

Thanks for your input Dear SIR....

yours truly

AZRUL...

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

hmmmmm, that is strange...

Thanks for your input Dear SIR....

yours truly

AZRUL...

AZRUL

Actually that is a kind of a protection - they are trying to prevent server overload (that is one of the usual hacking ways) and when they notice too much requests between the ticks sent from the same IP then for some time it is blocked from responding to those sent requests. They are sending the data to you though - so they simply switched the communication from two sided to one sided - that is not a problem as long as you do not try to place an order in which case you might have some problems in some cases

mladen:
AZRUL Actually that is a kind of a protection - they are trying to prevent server overload (that is one of the usual hacking ways) and when they notice too much requests between the ticks sent from the same IP then for some time it is blocked from responding to those sent requests. They are sending the data to you though - so they simply switched the communication from two sided to one sided - that is not a problem as long as you do not try to place an order in which case you might have some problems in some cases

Dear SIR MLADEN,

Sorry SIR......

Your quote "they simply switched the communication from two sided to one sided"...

Which means that they are blocking my request , but still sending the ticks.... (may be late)... and I might have some problems when placing an order due to the price differences...???

If thats the case, I could increase the max deviation... e.g 5 should be enough...

OR... they are totally ignoring my request...???

this would really mess up my indicator for sure....

yours truly

AZRUL...

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

Sorry SIR......

Your quote "they simply switched the communication from two sided to one sided"...

Which means that they are blocking my request , but still sending the ticks.... (may be late)... and I might have some problems when placing an order due to the price differences...???

If thats the case, I could increase the max deviation... e.g 5 should be enough...

OR... they are totally ignoring my request...???

this would really mess up my indicator for sure....

yours truly

AZRUL...

AZRUL

It is obvious that whenever you request to update data is sent to broker, it is refused. What else does that refusal means in this case, I do not know (never worked for some broker). So we can just assume that sending a lot of requests for a data when ticks are not sent triggers some defensive mechanism and that other kind of your requests can be ignored too

mladen:
AZRUL It is obvious that whenever you request to update data is sent to broker, it is refused. What else does that refusal means in this case, I do not know (never worked for some broker). So we can just assume that sending a lot of requests for a data when ticks are not sent triggers some defensive mechanism and that other kind of your requests can be ignored too

Dear SIR MLADEN...

It is worse then I though, if all other request would be ignored...

Thank you SIR for the clarification....

yours truly

AZRUL...

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN...

It is worse then I though, if all other request would be ignored...

Thank you SIR for the clarification....

yours truly

AZRUL...

AZRUL

The best way is to try to open an order while you are getting those errors and then you shall see what will happen. What is sure that brokers have to protect themselves and overloading a broker will never be looked at as something desirable (the same as overloading anything on the internet is considered a "bad behavior" at the least)

Dear SIR MLADEN,

I have got this scenario and was puzzling with this outcome....

1) I have an indicator(A) that calculates each pair vs 6 other pairs...

2) I made an indicator(B) that call this (A) indicator - which it shows all the arrows..

Every time I attached this (B) indicator to a particular pairing - the alerts updated ....

What is puzzling me is that all of the other pairs also being triggered(alerted/updated)....

which make me to conclude that...

a) the iCustom does recalculate if it is in used with a MULTI Pair indicator...

b) there could be a major problem with indicator A

The other thing is that I could only attached 2 of the indicator (B)... it seem that my broker does not what to overload there server

from my request.... (which seem to confirmed that every time I load indicator B it recalculate)....

That is way a made a GlobalVariable to solve the recalculation problem that overload my memory handler...

The down(sad) part of it is that it has no array... meaning that only shows the current value....

Hope I make sense in explaining this scenario....

Is there a way that I could received all Major Currency ticks only once(1) for tick and store that in a file and make my indicator A & B to get there ticks(values) from the file...??

yours truly

AZRUL...

Files:
1vs6.jpg  56 kb
capture2.jpg  50 kb
alert.jpg  71 kb

Dear SIR MLADEN,

After you have solved the count arrow indicator, I found that the counter indicator does count the GLOBALVARIABLE from the current loaded(start of the terminal) .... it could count also although it has NO buffer (my mistake to conclude that)...

For now I am doing the forward testing as you recommended to see if this indicator is reliable...

If you are still interested I am ready to RETURN the FAVOR SIR... (But don't have a positive feedback yet)...

yours truly

AZRUL...

Files:
gv_count.jpg  104 kb
Reason: