Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 81

I found a Swiss developer.

Dear Code's Guru,

I have a few question to post here and hope someone could answer most of them....

1) there is a difference in value displayed between 2 indicators.... but there are running on the same timeframe...

is it because it is attached and updated for every tick different currency pairs...

but how come the total is the same ???

2) if I manage to make an EA out of this indicator, trading the highest vs lowest.... and load it in the tester...

attached it to let say GBPJPY pairing.... the EA in the tester would only be triggered for those pair ONLY...

is there any other way that I could test it to run on ALL the pairings at once???

I hope these questions is not to annoying to ask....

THANKS...

yours truly

AZRUL....

Files:
consolediff.jpg  98 kb

12BPRO:
Dear Code's Guru,

I have a few question to post here and hope someone could answer most of them....

1) there is a difference in value displayed between 2 indicators.... but there are running on the same timeframe...

is it because it is attached and updated for every tick different currency pairs...

but how come the total is the same ???

2) if I manage to make an EA out of this indicator, trading the highest vs lowest.... and load it in the tester...

attached it to let say GBPJPY pairing.... the EA in the tester would only be triggered for those pair ONLY...

is there any other way that I could test it to run on ALL the pairings at once???

I hope these questions is not to annoying to ask....

THANKS...

yours truly

AZRUL....

AZRUL

1. that is completely normal since different symbols are receiving ticks at different times and then the states of the indicators can be different

2. that can be done only using metatrader 5. Metatrader 4 can not do that

mladen:
AZRUL

1. that is completely normal since different symbols are receiving ticks at different times and then the states of the indicators can be different

2. that can be done only using metatrader 5. Metatrader 4 can not do that

Dear SIR MLADEN,

At least some good news on the testing capabilities....

If I update my terminal to MT5, is there a lot of codings differences between MT4 and MT5 ???

or could I just run the EA on MT5...( another PC)

I wouldn't want to learn a NEW coding style for NOW... it is to much time for me experimenting things... just to make the indicator to run.....

I am not a programmer, most of the time I don't even know what I'm doing let alone in how to do it...... I just look at samples if I found any...

THANKS for the REPLY SIR.....

Much appreciated....

AZRUL......

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

At least some good news on the testing capabilities....

If I update my terminal to MT5, is there a lot of codings differences between MT4 and MT5 ???

or could I just run the EA on MT5...( another PC)

I wouldn't want to learn a NEW coding style for NOW... it is to much time for me experimenting things... just to make the indicator to run.....

I am not a programmer, most of the time I don't even know what I'm doing let alone in how to do it...... I just look at samples if I found any...

THANKS for the REPLY SIR.....

Much appreciated....

AZRUL......

AZRUL

The difference between metatrader 4 and 5 is not just in coding language (which is big) but in the way how positions are managed (which is even bigger and which is probably the main reason for metatrader 5 failure to be accepted).

Better to keep with metatrader 4 for now

mladen:
AZRUL

The difference between metatrader 4 and 5 is not just in coding language (which is big) but in the way how positions are managed (which is even bigger and which is probably the main reason for metatrader 5 failure to be accepted).

Better to keep with metatrader 4 for now

Dear SIR MLADEN,

Wow.... what can I say... I'm on my belly, crawling (struggling) with MT4 codings....

If let say I manage to patch things up on MT4... could you recode the whole thing in MT5... and test it in the NEW TESTER MT5....

I would love to see the result (outcome) of the EA.... I could PM you, if it is not to much to ask and to much of recodes....

THANKS SIR....

yours truly

AZRUL....

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

Wow.... what can I say... I'm on my belly, crawling (struggling) with MT4 codings....

If let say I manage to patch things up on MT4... could you recode the whole thing in MT5... and test it in the NEW TESTER MT5....

I would love to see the result (outcome) of the EA.... I could PM you, if it is not to much to ask and to much of recodes....

THANKS SIR....

yours truly

AZRUL....

AZRUL

What I recommend you as that you make metatrader 4 and do 2-3 months of forward testing (backtesting almost always ends up in curve fitting - it takes years of trading to avoid the curve fitting traps) and that way, you are going to have the most reliable results that can be achieved except for real account live trading

mladen:
AZRUL What I recommend you as that you make metatrader 4 and do 2-3 months of forward testing (backtesting almost always ends up in curve fitting - it takes years of trading to avoid the curve fitting traps) and that way, you are going to have the most reliable results that can be achieved except for real account live trading

Dear SIR MLADEN,

I respect your professional opinion and would try the forward testing....

Thanks you very much for your precious time dear SIR........

yours truly

AZRUL....

Dear SIR MLADEN,

when I loaded the EA a got this ERROR in

Please advice what could I do and what does it mean....????

THANK YOU SIR...

yours truly

AZRUL

Files:
error.jpg  36 kb

12BPRO:
Dear SIR MLADEN,

when I loaded the EA a got this ERROR in

Please advice what could I do and what does it mean....????

THANK YOU SIR...

yours truly

AZRUL

AZRUL

Which EA?

Reason: