Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 18

adamzgreat:
HOw do I remove an expert advisor from my chart?

I tried closing metatrader but it didn't work.

Thanks.

If you want to disable experts, just click the expert advisor icon on the toolbar to turn it off, then right click on the chart, choose expert and remove the one you want

grega07:
hey, i was trading on liteforex with ea on demo account and everything was ok, but when i want to use the same ea on live account, ea just doesnt work. only makes the first trade and then nothing. i gues the reason is broker. so my question is: which brokers use same settings on demo and live accounts? thx

Some discussion about this problem is on this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178158

!!! Account disappears after closing Metatrader - please help !!!

For the last week or so I ahve been having a problem with Metatrader where the demo account disappears each time you close down the program.

I have also noticed that when you try to save the trade history as a report it does not do anything and no gives no errors.

I would prefer to fix this without reinstalling Metatrader, in case it happens one day with a live account with open trades.

Thanks

yc1962:
For the last week or so I ahve been having a problem with Metatrader where the demo account disappears each time you close down the program.

I have also noticed that when you try to save the trade history as a report it does not do anything and no gives no errors.

I would prefer to fix this without reinstalling Metatrader, in case it happens one day with a live account with open trades.

Thanks

Fix 1:

When you open a new account make sure "Save account information" is on tick.

Appendix Fix 1: save you account by "Add to favorites".

Fix 2:

Delete all files in config folder with exception of *.srv files.

Then start MT4 and create a new account.

Linuxser:
Fix 1:

When you open a new account make sure "Save account information" is on tick.

Appendix Fix 1: save you account by "Add to favorites".

Fix 2:

Delete all files in config folder with exception of *.srv files.

Then start MT4 and create a new account.

Thanks Linuxuser,

I am forward-testing some EAs at the moment, so I don't want to restart Metatrader just yet, but I will try fix 2 ASAP (since the accounts.ini file was missing from the config folder for some reason).

Hello all

mt4 time issue

(Cant start a new thread at mt4 subfoum.)

i know mt4 time is GMT+2, and my local time is GMT.

But the issue seems to be that my mt4 may be delying info (or maybe i am not interpreting the time correctly).

For eg,

on a H1 chart, mt4 is updating the last candle which is at 10.00-11.00 (server time - GMT+2).

Atm GMT is 9.18, ie 11.18 GMT+2.

So shouldnt be updating the 11.00-12.00 candle.

I have the same issue with M1 candles.

thx 4 ur help.

H1 chart is updating every hour and M1 chart - every minutes with new candles. Irrespective of broker's server time or GMT time.

Broker server time (Metatrader time) indicator is on this post https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page5#comment_95467

GMT time indicator is on this post.

electra ea

hello

I hace the electra ea running on demo and I think it trying to make a trade and I get this message "Trade contest is Busy" all kinds of noise and sounds

what does this mean any help would be nice. Thank you.

TJ

It was elaborated in Electra EA thread in elite section starting from page #11 (by me).

To make it shorter: lots value is depends on our equity and 20 days Average Daily Range comparing with minimum lot size calculating based on Risk value.

It means that you should use lot size more than 0.25 in the setting because EA is having partial orders close also (4 partials).

Or set MM to false ... but in this case you will not be protected with this MTF EA.

Besides, this EA is keeping the trades opened for weeks sometimes ... it is not often trading EA. The profit should be calculated yearly for such kind of EAs with such a strong protection againt deposit lossing under MTF condition.

Reason: