Tick Indicator and EAs - page 14

Perky
Perky  
igorad:
I've developed some tick indicators. One of them you can see in this thread. The rest you could find in Elite Section.

anychance or posting the Macd tick indicatro to us mere mortals or meailing me a copy perky_z@yahoo.com

thanks in advance

richest
richest  

hi,

this is fascinating thread indeed. by the way, if i would like to know the average time (in seconds) for a tick to change (either up and down or both)?

this may be useful in determining the market trend speed. just a thought tho...

vampiricaura
vampiricaura  

Indicators based on tick charts?

Hi,

I have some ideas to share. I think, it is imposiible to win continuously with indicators based on candles. To eliminate discontinuety partially, indicators related with tick charts can be useful. Any idea?

Regards...

O.G.

Duitman
Duitman  

Need Interpretation

I downloaded the indicator "Ticker Awesome Ocillator" (see chart). Works great but I can't seem to be able to interpret it's meaning. Can anyone tell me what bars above zero or below zero mean and why some are green and some red (buy/sell?)?

Thanks in advance.

Files:
Patrick
Patrick  

MT4 Send ticks ...

If you need a program to refresh your EA every x milliseconds even if no ticks are coming thru, this is for you. It's free ...

Hope this is useful to some

MT4 Tick Sender

biddick
biddick  

It is a cool idea ,thanks.

ferrytale
ferrytale  
Alex.Piech.FinGeR:
hi,

a cool indicator

Tick_on_Chart i all TimeFrames :cool:

only Live Tick !!!

Hey, I'll be happy if you will help me and explain me how to attach this indicator into my chart, I downloaded it but I don't know how to use it for next step

Blair
Blair  

tick chart

Store the data and write your own hst file. I set one one on my renko builder to one pip as shown in this image. It will not draw a one pip bar because Renko bars are not like that however same principle will work just write the o, l, h, c as the tick value. Then draw it as a line chart. Easy.

Files:
chf.jpg 111 kb
jdpnz
jdpnz  

Trading Ticks

Hi,

Although there are a lot of different approaches to using tick data on Metatrader, I do not see much like my own approach and as such, I thought that maybe I should share some of what I have done. Perhaps someone out there may find this useful so, here goes...

The first problem with tick data is the display and to solve this, I created my own indicators.

Remember that this indicator is linked to the actual "quote" price (ask & bid) and not the history inside Metatrader.

As such, when started the screen will be black - it may take a "few minutes" for the required 200 ticks to come and fill the screen.

Few minutes...

On FXCM I typically have to wait around 2-3 minutes, on IBFX usually around 10-15 minutes and, truth is, these are where I have live accounts so, don't really know much about any other brokers.

Included, a screen copy, the price indicator and template files.

Just copy the indicator to the indicator folder, open a new chart, load the template and go have a cup of tea...

Files:
scrn2.jpg 36 kb
ticks2.tpl 1 kb
jdpnz
jdpnz  

Indicators

Some indicators for the tick data screen above