How often do you get good ideas in freelancing? - page 5

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Excuse me, but the word "tolerate" is not derived from the word "tolerate", but from the word "victim". From the word "tolerate" comes the word "ninja".

Excuse me Volchansky, you seem to know a lot about who should tolerate whom.

Guys, what are you getting upset about, save your nerves. Someone said so, someone said so, what's the difference? You can't get the other person's understanding through force anyway, but an unpleasant residue is always left from an altercation. Sometimes it's better to hold back. No offense :)

Galina Bobro:

Making something that will work as described in the terms of reference and determining the prospects of profitability are completely different things.

If these two abilities come together in one person, then this is not a freelance story.

Bravo, Galina! The customer doesn't need this freelance service, if he is a reaper and a maker of sticks....

A fairy tale is quickly told, but is not soon done, and the more so the theory about the relevance to think about the existence of natural ways to determine rabidity (if nature knew this way then every attempt would get a god, but not a hedgehog or, God forgive us, a trader) is made

I don't do freelancing, so I don't know the actual state of affairs, but I suspect that good ideas are very rare there. It cannot be ruled out that there may be some, but my own experience tells me that any idea in its original form is either a blatant "sinker" or something that defies formalisation. And since this is the case, it takes a lot of iterations and time to bring such "uncomfortable" ideas to fruition. And, as noted above, the client may have neither the means nor the patience to do so.
As for free-lancers, I'm almost 100% sure that each of them deep down inside hopes that one day they will stumble upona "grail" in the order, but since there is no such thing, at least let the "penny" earned by the craft of programming warm their pockets. But customers should understand that MQL-freelancers still dream about stumbling upon a "grail" strategy and all their ideas, if they turn out to be good, will inevitably be "stolen".

BlackTomcat:

As for the freelancers, I'm almost 100% sure that each of them deep down inside is hoping that one day they will stumble upon a "grail" in the order, but since there is no such thing, at least let the "penny" earned by the craft of programming warm their pockets. But customers should understand that MQL-freelancers still dream about stumbling upon a "grail" strategy and all their ideas, if they turn out to be good, will inevitably be "stolen".

Judging by the words of the freelance wolves, no one has much hope. "Penny" is an understatement... 30 quid for a snotty order (some kind of muwings with a trawl). They do it in an hour easily. Even one order per day is a nice raise :)

Legends say there are some who live off of it.

Yevhenii Levchenko:

Judging by the words of the freelance wolves, no one has much hope. "Penny" is an understatement... 30 quid for a snotty order (some kind of muwings with a trawl). They do it in an hour easily. Even one order a day is a good raise :)

Legends say there are some who live off of it.

Yes, I believe there are those who live off these orders. If a person is a professional in the craft, he has already accumulated a huge library of code, which with some variations can be adapted to the needs of the customer. Probably the most important thing here is that the customer chooses you. For the sake of interest, I looked at the Freelance section and looked at the tasks there. Nothing too fancy, everything is pretty typical. And under each such order there is a queue of performers.
Well, the wolves, of course, a little sly that they do not hope. :) In fact, the customer has two options: 1) to learn MQL and coding independently; 2) hire a "pocket" programmer for a long term collaboration, perhaps with the division of the final financial result. Obviously, the second option is very expensive for the client, but it definitely has the best chance of success. I think that most freelancers would like the second option. Here you get a salary for the period of cooperation, and if the idea works, you get a working trading system as well. And if in the end it does not work out, you can always return to freelance $30/hour. :)

BlackTomcat:

Yes, I can well believe that you can live off these orders. If a person is a professional in the craft, they have already accumulated a huge library of code, which can be adapted to the needs of the customer with one variation or another. Probably the most important thing here is that the customer chooses you. For the sake of interest, I looked at the Freelance section and looked at the tasks there. Nothing too fancy, everything is pretty typical. And under each such order there is a queue of performers.
Well, the wolves, of course, a little sly that they do not hope. :) In fact, the customer has two options: 1) to learn MQL and coding independently; 2) hire a "pocket" programmer for a long term collaboration, perhaps with the division of the final financial result. Obviously, the second option is very expensive for the client, but definitely has the best chance of success. I think that most freelancers would like the second option. Here you get a salary for the period of cooperation, and if the idea works, you get a working trading system as well. And if in the end it does not work out, you can always return to freelance $30/hour. :)

To be selected yes, this is very problematic. Especially if there are no jobs in the statistics :(

About working with one customer - no, I don't agree. Dependence on one person is bad. He has money today and not tomorrow. In Forex this situation is very real... And if this person is from the forum, I can kick him out of freelancing (if I work around freelancing). If he found a customer on the side, then yes...

Yevhenii Levchenko:

To be selected yes, this is very problematic. Especially if there are no jobs in the statistics :(

About working with one customer - no, I don't agree. Dependence on one person is bad. Today he has money, and tomorrow he doesn't. In Forex this situation is very real... And if this person is from the forum, I can kick him out of freelancing (if I work around freelancing). If he has found a customer on the side, then yes...

Well, I think there's a difference of opinion here. Obviously, not every customer can afford to constantly work with the same programmer for six months, a year, or even several years. And it is quite possible that such customers are not looking for programmers to join their team through the Freelance service. But what if they do? :)
As for me, the ideal is a pair of like-minded people, who know how to write code and have an understanding of trading. But this, of course, has nothing to do with freelancing.

I will say from the customer's side: I would be broke to check all ideas through freelancing. I do not hesitate to ask to implement my ideas, including trading ideas, for free, as before asking for help I check it thoroughly and carefully through analogues from kodobase and forum discussions. I have achieved a lot in life through fanfare.

I have achieved a lot in life through a fanatical pursuit of goals. the only thing left undefeated is my fora, but this is only temporary. i will write to all those who refused pro bono cooperation and those who helped. everyone is accounted for)

Vladimir Kononenko:
The only thing left undefeated is the handicap, but it's only temporary,

If you do, let me know and I'll be happy for you :)

Reason: