weird strategy tester results - page 3

RaptorUK:
Talk to your Broker, some have been known to cock up the settings for some symbols. As long as you connected your Broker on your new Terminal installation and then went offline you should be OK.

I am going to write to support right now, yes.

I get 0 commission and strange min lot when I:

1) connect

2) delete account (disconnect), as written here - http://alansforexblog.com/2010/02/10/how-to-set-up-metatrader-history-data-and-get-90-backtesting-quality/

3) delete all .hst files from history folder

4) write my own .hst files into history directory

then if I connect to server and run tests again I get wild commission and ok min lot

if after all that I delete .hst files again and replace them with those I created, I again get 0 commission and strange lots

So, as far as I understand on connection broker writes down to .hst files not only open - close - low - high - volume data but also commission and MODE_MARGINREQUIRED

and for the data that are not on broker's server but which are present in mine .hst files broker writes down inapropriate commission

is it possible to open and edit a .hst file?

it is not readible in notepad

prupru:

So, as far as I understand on connection broker writes down to .hst files not only open - close - low - high - volume data but also commission and MODE_MARGINREQUIRED

and for the data that are not on broker's server but which are present in mine .hst files broker writes down inapropriate commission

is it possible to open and edit a .hst file?

it is not readible in notepad

The .hst files only contain a header and 6 values per bar, O, H, L, C, time and volume ( tick count ) the other info is stored in other files, symbols.sel is one symbols.raw might be another . . . all these files are binary files, not text files.
Reason: