Money Management - page 21

True Size of Lot Traded

Hi, is there a simple algorithm to calculate the deposit current value for the trading lots in another currency in MT4 for Forex?

E.g Deposit Currency = USD

1 Contract of GBP.USD = $6.10 /Contract (Approx)

1 Contract of USD.JPY = $10.00/ Contract

If I wanted to always trade $10 / Contract regardless of the currency pairs, is there a simple code snippet that can do this?

When placing several trades on different currency pairs at the same time it would be useful to know they all have the same $/Pip Value.

I want my EA to be able to calculate the values in real time.

Any ideas?

Money Management Code

Hope you all are doing well. Would someone be able to tell me how I can make a code to calculate the lot size of each pair using a 100 Stop Loss based on the Free Margin in the account?

Indicator showing account % loss

Hello!

Is there any indicator out there that can show you based on the positions that you have open (all in the same currency) at what price you will loose x% of your account? For example I want to find out at what price I will loose 2%, 5%, 20% and 100% (stop out) for 5 positions of EUR/USD, opened at different prices.

I searched for stop out indicators, volatility and range indicators but none seem to do this simple task. What am I missing here?

george.hope77:
Hello!

Is there any indicator out there that can show you based on the positions that you have open (all in the same currency) at what price you will loose x% of your account? For example I want to find out at what price I will loose 2%, 5%, 20% and 100% (stop out) for 5 positions of EUR/USD, opened at different prices.

I searched for stop out indicators, volatility and range indicators but none seem to do this simple task. What am I missing here?

Hi George,

Not sure, maybe what you are looking for may be in this thread!

Risk Management Strategy is very important in forex trading

Risk management is arguably the most important aspect of forex trading. Limiting you losses is just as important as maximizng profits. This kind of risk management help us learn how to lock in profits and limit losses using stop loss orders, and cover the basic rules of risk management.

There are 3 simple steps for risk management:

step 1: set stop loss orders

step 2: how much am i willing to risk, evaluate every trade with this simple question

step 3: be patience and preparation. there is no need to jump into a position, wait for a clear opportunity, manage your risk, take your gains according to you plan, analyze your past trades

3 simple steps could lead us to be a good and professional trader.

Good position size indicator

Hi, I found this money management indicator on web. It is good. I want to add some more things like Take profit level, profit and risk reward ratio. Please help me to make it better.

positionsizecalculator.mq4

Money MGM

Hi,

I want to program this money mgm:

if I have open buy (for example) and he is in profit,

I want to add another buy trade after X pips profit

and then to modify the SL of the 2 buy to the open

price of the first, and then if the second buy is in profit

of X Pips then open another buy and modify the SL of

the three position to the open price of the second

buy...and so on...

how can I do it pls....??

How willing are you to risk all your money in forex?

How willing are you to risk all your money in forex? do you think it is worthy?

Hi all

I find it easier to calculate position size using a simple formula I found somewhere on the net, Simply use the following formula:

S=ER/(P-X)

where

S=lot size

E= Equity

R= Risk in %

P= Entry price

X= Pre determined Stop Loss Price

Of course you have to divide the result by 100,000 if you are using a five digit broker.

Try it. Works for all pairs and my % risk is always 2%

Happy trading

ForexNaija

Risk and money management.

This two terms are very important in Forex trading. Money management helps us to protect the sum of money we invest whereas risk management is the fundamental analysis or either acceptance of uncertainty in investment decision making.

Reason: