Brokers discussion

Hi all,

Anybody know of a data provider that gives an overall estimate of buyers vs sellers per symbol by MANY forex brokers?

And,

Anybody know of a place to scalp freely? - I think Dukascopy from Swiss is allowing this since they dont really have a desk, but I am not sure. All I do know is that Oanda prohibits scalping, and many other Broker firms prohibit this as well (if you make too much money - they will close your account).

So, where do you guys scalp?

(Newdigital - please keep this in the Elite section)

Tnx

Who's the scalper?

I hope to know what are the condtions that if had occured the trader is a scalper! Could anybody tell me when the broker frown and tell you are a true scalper?

Hey Cd.

What Oanda is doing - is :

If you hold a position for only a limited duration ie 1 or 2 minutes - as a pattern - they will close your account!!! Since they see this as an unfair advantage (a good news trader knows this well...).......Remember that they need to monitor your gains - if you win too much - you are out !!! It is that simple and annoying.

But, if you open a large account (100k+) they will "ignor" this......Because they earn more from the small time loosers.

Any good scalping systems FX?

I am finding it very difficult to scalp with the spread against me.

Regards

Z

With Oanda scalping used to be easy, but they are on to us....

I use my own proprietary scalping system, but you can always trade the news..........which is considered scalping in Oanda.

The spread in oanda for eur/usd is 1.2 (even less at high volume) - so you just have to nail 3 pips - and your winning...

Scalping is difficult.

Because the market and the broker may play against trader.

It was not mentioned anything about scalping in most of the brokers. Only in Neuimex I found that they understand scalping as open/close the order within 3 minutes.

But the broker may play against scalper very easy producing the spikes, changing the data (for some short period of time), reducing/increasing the speed for price movement and so on. I know spikes and met "changing the data" one time only (I was thinking that broker changed the data for 1 or 2 hours because 3 months ago I tested some EAs within this section using several brokers) and all the time - "reducing/increasing" and so on.

How I understand this "reducing/increasing"?

For example we have 1.2345 now, after 1 minutes - the same 1.2345 and after 2 minutes the same 1.2345 and after 1 seconds we have 1.2355, so the price was moved from 1.2345 to 1.2355 in one seconds? To my computer? From broker's server? Don't believe ...

Broker is not independent player. Sometimes the broker may play forex together with scalper making money as well. Sometimes not. If not - scalper is playing against broker and it is very difficult.

As I know many people are spending a lot of time to find the way (by a way of coding) to protect trading srategy or EA from any broker.

Maybe the solution is using some program like Metastock or Tradestation and get a paid data feed.

If we pay for the data feed - it would not be manipulated.

What I understand is for example :

1) Alpari (or any broker) get a datafeed from a forex Interbank.

2) Alpari gets the feed into their servers, and than they add the spread - This action causes delays.

3) If we can get the data feed directly from Interbank - that would be great.

4) Currently I wrote to esignal and another data provider and they agreed to my above statements that brokers delay and manipulate the feed(like Newdigital daid).

5) Lets join the effort and try to find a good data provider, because this could mean that we will know the direction before the news........

Tnx

AND HERE IS THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD BUTTONTRADER:

http://www.buttontrader.com/index.asp

But I am looking for a data provider which would bypass manipulations, and have several interbank resources.

I know there is some swiss bank that gives you a volume indicators based on real brokers - but you need 100000+ to ope n an account(this is a rumor and I dont know that swiss banks name).

Reason: