Brokers discussion - page 5

so what would you recommend from the systems above?

Long Term Demo Accounts ?

This weekend all my demo accounts at IBFX expired or at least they said "Invalid Account"

I was using again IBFX demo accounts to test long term strategies because someone said that their demo accounts don't have expiration anymore if you keep using it, but this weekend someone should have hit the reset button at their servers.

Apart from NorthFinance, Alpari and FXDD there is another broker with reliable long term demo accounts ?

I prefer brokers with micro lots.

NewDigital please tell us what broker do you use to testing.

project1972:
This weekend all my demo accounts at IBFX expired or at least they said "Invalid Account"

I was using again IBFX demo accounts to test long term strategies because someone said that their demo accounts don't have expiration anymore if you keep using it, but this weekend someone should have hit the reset button at their servers.

Apart from NorthFinance, Alpari and FXDD there is another broker with reliable long term demo accounts ?

I prefer brokers with micro lots.

NewDigital please tell us what broker do you use to testing.

I am using Alpari rus, North Finance and Fibo Group.

I selected the brokers because of good connection Metatrader with the brokers, and because it is very simple to open demo account.

Fibo Group is having non expired account but you need to fill some form to ask it.

Also I am testing some EAs with real money using LiteForex broker (real account in cents, demo account without expiration).

Thanks newdigital

I will like if more people post their finding about demo accounts of different brokers.

This is my finding

NorthFinance: I didn't find expiration date, I have some demo working from several months ago.

Alpari: I didn't find expiration date, I have some demo working from several months ago.

FXDD: their demo accounts have 3 months expiration.

MIG FX: one month.

Fibogroup:one month but newdigital said they will give demo accounts without expiration if you fill some form.

Interbank FX: Unreliable, normally, one month but sometime less and sometime more, it appear that their accounts expire all together when someone push the reset button.

FXLQ:one month.

I will like more info of brokers like RealTrade and Neuimex (both offer microlots)

Leverage

I'm hoping someone can clear up something in my mind.

I'm confused about Leverage. I understand that greater leverage enables you to control larger sums, but I know there's a downside. ... and it's that, that I don't quite understand.

If you make two identical trades, one at say 1:100 and another at 1:400, the amount you make, and the equity shown is the same. If an account runs out of money at 1:100 or runs out of money at 1:400, you've still lost the same amount. .... You can just stay in the game a little longer at the higher leverage. So where's the increased risk?

I'm confused.

Does anyone have MT4 Build 208?

I'm having issues with build 210. I hear that there are lots of reports of problems with this build.

Does anyone have a copy of build 208?

Thanks in advance.

I agree 210 is horrible, slows down 2 of my loaded workstations. Anyway, I have build 204 which is stable and I have run for several months. It's from fast brokers but I believe you can just install in a separate directory and then overwrite the terminal.exe in your current install with it. Tell me where to send it via pm.

Thanks much for your reply.

My problem is I get frequent disconnects...

Anyway, someone else posted a copy, I've attached it below.

Just copy it into your program directory.

If you want to disable the inevitable Live Update, just rename Liveupdate.exe something else.

Files:

Alpari Russia or Fibo Poll (would you like IBFX to be in the statistics here?)

Who in this Forum uses Alpari Russia or Fibo...just curious.

Would you like to see IBFX preset files?

ES

I tried firebird 0.65 with North Finance, and the result is bad..

Lucky it's just a demo account ..

Reason: