XO_Method REVISED - page 4

Template not reflecting changes

Hi Valeo,

Thanks for the update. The new template is not reflecting any of the new changes, could you pls check this.

thanks,

Trader

Apologies...........

Sorry guys, I have changed it.

ValeoFX:
Once you get to understand the CCI in particular in relation to the trade, you will find no reason to make small losses - believe me. Get the hang of it and you will appreciate this method even more.

Thank you for the explanations.

I don't quite understand the use of the CCI though. Do you use Woodie's exit signals? Those being:

1. CCI hooking or going flat

2. CCI Trend Line Break

3. Turbo CCI crossing into the CCI

4. CCI cross of the zero-line

5. CCI hook from extremes

6. CCI not moving / no progress

And do you use Woodie's with-the-trend patterns? Those being:

1. ZLR

2. Rev Diver

3. TLB with the trend

4. HTLB with the trend.

Or do you use the confirmation signals? Those being:

1. TLB

2. Zero line cross

3. +/-100 CCI cross

Or is it only used as an overbought/oversold oscillator and indicator of trend direction?

Or is it all of the above?

Thank you!

libertao:
Thank you for the explanations.

I don't quite understand the use of the CCI though. Do you use Woodie's exit signals? Those being:

1. CCI hooking or going flat

2. CCI Trend Line Break

3. Turbo CCI crossing into the CCI

4. CCI cross of the zero-line

5. CCI hook from extremes

6. CCI not moving / no progress

And do you use Woodie's with-the-trend patterns? Those being:

1. ZLR

2. Rev Diver

3. TLB with the trend

4. HTLB with the trend.

Or do you use the confirmation signals? Those being:

1. TLB

2. Zero line cross

3. +/-100 CCI cross

Or is it only used as an overbought/oversold oscillator and indicator of trend direction?

Or is it all of the above?

Thank you!

You seem to be an expert at Woodies' signals unless you just copied them?

Without confusing what Woody does and what I am trying to get out of the CCI, all I want you to do is look out for "overheating" (and if you are good at it, you may even trade these situations) and NOT enter in that direction and enter whenever the signal is generated and the CCI is NOT against you.

I suggest you look back from as far as what you can using the CCI_settings we are recommending and see for yourself what i am trying to explain to you.

Hope this did not confuse you more.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
You seem to be an expert at Woodies' signals unless you just copied them?

No, that was just cutting and pasting from parts of the document posted in the original XO thread. I'll look through past data to see if I can see what you mean, thanks!

YOU MAY NOW DOWNLOAD THE ZIPPED FILE AS IT IS THE LATEST

MAJOR CHANGE HERE - SEE ATTACHED NEW RSI-14. Here I wish to thank ShadowWz for constructing this RSI for me and my friend Gerhard (DayTrader) for "labelling" it so that you now have the actual figures presented on the RHS of the screen-window where you want to see where the RSI is at. Thanks guys, much appreciate your efforts, especially ShadowWz who constructed it the first time for me.

Also attached is a DOTTED version where I blank out all the colours other than the Yellow dots (usually the line) as well as the levels. This is purely to indicate where the candle is at the time. DROP THIS ONE OVER THE SGMAR_LABEL(Optional naturally)

where is the RSI????

Valeo,

This is surely shaping up to be a fine project. Sorry I haven't been around but there's been a few things to deal with. Hoping to get back "onboard" soon.

ValeoFX:
YOU MAY NOW DOWNLOAD THE ZIPPED FILE AS IT IS THE LATEST

MAJOR CHANGE HERE - SEE ATTACHED NEW RSI-14. Here I wish to thank ShadowWz for constructing this RSI for me and my friend Gerhard (DayTrader) for "labelling" it so that you now have the actual figures presented on the RHS of the screen-window where you want to see where the RSI is at. Thanks guys, much appreciate your efforts, especially ShadowWz who constructed it the first time for me.

Also attached is a DOTTED version where I blank out all the colours other than the Yellow dots (usually the line) as well as the levels. This is purely to indicate where the candle is at the time. DROP THIS ONE OVER THE SGMAR_LABEL(Optional naturally)

where is the RSI????

The SGMAR is in fact the RSI.

Best wishes.

Pip Trip:
Valeo, This is surely shaping up to be a fine project. Sorry I haven't been around but there's been a few things to deal with. Hoping to get back "onboard" soon.

Been missing you my friend. Trust everything is fine with you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes.

Have people tested this on the USDCHF or the USDJPY? I really like this system, but don't think I can manage a 5 minute chart on the London session with no alerts from the US West Coast .

Speaking of alerts, I know it's been mentioned before, but I really think it would be a fantastic feature of the system if a programmer could modify the 4TF XO2 to have an optional alert when it changes to all 4 bars green/red.

Final question: I'm a complete newbie regarding news. What news announcements do people avoid trading near? For example, just the red-colored labels for traded pairs on ForexFactory's calendar? I've been looking for a beginner's guide to Forex news but haven't found much, any links/suggestions?

Thanks to anyone who can respond

Reason: