EMA with alert?

Does anyone know of an indicator that alerts when price is within a specified range of 34 EMA? I have searched but can only find cross alerts.

EMA Alert

pipmonger12:
Does anyone know of an indicator that alerts when price is within a specified range of 34 EMA? I have searched but can only find cross alerts.

Take one of the EMA Cross alerts and make one EMA 34 & the other EMA 1 as the 1 is the same as the current price then add a Bid/Ask to the Alert and it will ALERT you the spread distance before price hits the 34 EMA or add BID/ASK plus/minus an amount like 3 or 5 to increase the warning distance.

Or just use it as it is and an ALERT will occur as the EMA1 crosses the EMA34.

cja

Here is the indicator with, sound, dialog box, and email alert options.

This only alerts once at the begining of the the candle.

You can choose the length(period) of the EMA and price price range(distance from EMA).

Files:
ema-alert.mq4  3 kb

mangman:

You can choose the length(period) of the EMA and price price range(distance from EMA).

i`m sure we are all busy but i wanted to thank you on behalf of everyone, i was looking for precisely this kind of indicator.

Keep up the good work.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175446

Try this, it does all that and more. Get the latest version.

MA-Price-Alert

mangman:

I have altered this indicator as requested to now be an MA Alert, the user can now use any MA Mode/ MA Price or Shift, the Popup message & email now includes the Symbol & Timeframe plus you can also change the Sound File for the Sound Alert so for that reason I have renamed it MA-Price_Alert

List of MODE & PRICE Settings

MODE_SMA 0 Simple moving average,

MODE_EMA 1 Exponential moving average,

MODE_SMMA 2 Smoothed moving average,

MODE_LWMA 3 Linear weighted moving average.

PRICE_CLOSE 0 Close price.

PRICE_OPEN 1 Open price.

PRICE_HIGH 2 High price.

PRICE_LOW 3 Low price.

PRICE_MEDIAN 4 Median price, (high+low)/2.

PRICE_TYPICAL 5 Typical price, (high+low+close)/3.

PRICE_WEIGHTED 6 Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The default settings for this indicator are EMA 34

ma_period = 34;

ma_mode = 1;

ma_price = 0;

ma_shift = 0;

----------------------------------------------------------------------

To set it as an SMA 50 PRICE CLOSED would look like this

ma_period = 50;

ma_mode = 0;

ma_price = 0;

ma_shift = 0;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To set it as an SMA 50 PRICE OPEN would look like this

ma_period = 50;

ma_mode = 0;

ma_price = 1;

ma_shift = 0;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ma-price-alert.mq4

Files:

Thank you cja.

Looking for EMA Crossover with Email Alert

Hi everyone,

I have been searching for an indicator that would tell me, via popup msg, sound and email, when any MA crosses another, configurable of course. For example, I would like to be notified when 7ema crosses 21ema on H1 TF.

Thanks for the indicators published but I don't think any of them do crossover. Is it possible for someone to expand the latest (CJA, I think?) to include my idea?

Many thanks for taking the time.

Ed

EMA Crossover Indicator

Following up on my previous post, just in case any programmers on here need ma crossover code, I am attaching an indicator that I found on FF. I like the flexibility of CJA's indicator but wasn't sure if you might need crossover code. As you can see, this one is a very simple indi, with only msg notify. For the longer timeframes, I think email would be very helpful.

Thanks to all.

Ed

Files:

Note about MA-Price-Alert Indicator

CJA, it would be good if you added the date and (gmt) time to your email alert. Good to use for backtesting.

Big thanks,

Ed

Possible Error in Indi

cja:
I have altered this indicator as requested to now be an MA Alert, the user can now use any MA Mode/ MA Price or Shift, the Popup message & email now includes the Symbol & Timeframe plus you can also change the Sound File for the Sound Alert so for that reason I have renamed it MA-Price_Alert

Hi CJA. I think there might be an error in your code. I tried the 34,0,0,0, 10 settings. Price was about 60 PIPs and the alert fired. Similar results with other ma's.

Edit: The indicator may be ok after all. I think it just posts an alert when you change the indicator or when you change timeframes. I will review more closely and post again if there is truly error.

Edit2: CJA, there is indeed a minor problem with the indicator. It sends the alert each time that I edit the indicator or change timeframes. I might understand the alert firing when I edit with changes because that confirms that the alert portion is still "firing". The other, however, is a nuisance. Just giving you an update.

Edit3: At 1724gmt on this date (March 10th), the alert fired. Review shows that it worked correctly. The other little annoyances above are just that, minor nuisances that can distract a bit or increase your cell phone bill. Thanks CJA.

Reason: