Cross! - page 7

newtrader1:
I have used this indicator.

Hard time. Indicator is cheating you 1 bar ahead and re-paints.

BEST WISHES,

NEW TRADER

Hi newtrader1,

If you are talking about indicator from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum so I looked inside the code and I see the following:

- buy arrow: this indicator is placing buy arrow if 10 sma is above 20 sma on PRICE_TYPICAL mode on 1st bar, 10 sma is below 20 sma on PRICE_TYPICAL on 2nd bar, and 10 sma is above 20 sma on current open bar.

- opposite for sell.

That is why this indicator is repainting: this indicator is coded to compare the signals on closed bar with the signals on open bar. Open bar is re-painting (bar is not closed yet and because it is open). It was coded especially like that. This kind of coding/indicator is more usefull on scalping on open bar for very low timeframes.

May be, it is part of some trading system who knows: trading on 10 and 20 sma indicator with typical price mode compare the signals on open bar.

I tried to fix this indicator (see attached).

ND, you ment: Open (not closed) bar, PriceClose - repainting (will change untill new bar opens); Open bar, PriceOpen - doesn't change (not repainting) untill new bar , isn't it?

fxbs:
ND, you ment: Open (not closed) bar, PriceClose - repainting (will change untill new bar opens); Open bar, PriceOpen - doesn't change (not repainting) untill new bar , isn't it?

It depends on how it was coded. If price close, or previous bar so it will not re-paint in the way as many people can see it.

That indicator had future bar (current-1 bar). It was like that:

- buy arrow: this indicator is placing buy arrow if 10 sma is above 20 sma on PRICE_TYPICAL mode on 1st bar, 10 sma is below 20 sma on PRICE_TYPICAL on 2nd bar, and 10 sma is above 20 sma on current open bar.

- opposite for sell.[/CODE]

So, I added alert and deleted this one from the indicator: and 10 sma is above 20 sma on current open bar

I think it may be trading syste. Because who will code especially to re-paint? I think, author was selecting the nmoment to open the order. Because ther main condition he had is the following:

[CODE]- buy arrow: this indicator is placing buy arrow if 10 sma is above 20 sma on PRICE_TYPICAL mode on 1st bar, 10 sma is below 20 sma on PRICE_TYPICAL on 2nd bar

and this part pf code is not repainting.

But when to open the order?

So, the author decided to open the order if and 10 sma is above 20 sma on current open bar and this part of code was re-painting (i deleted it, added alert and posted on the post above).

Thus, it should be trading system: open the order on the open bar checking the condition on the close bar. Some people are using this combination (open/close for scalping).

Price cross of EMA

Hello all,

Does Anyone know of an indicator with alert for a cross of price and an EMA,

for instance when price closes above or below EMA with an arrow indicator and an audible alert. Sounds simple enough but i can't seem to find something like this, can it be coded?.... calling all gurus...

Here is one hope it helps.

System

bulegila, Could you let us know your system. How you are using the ema and price cross. Thanks. Jatki24300.

10 points indicator?

I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the indicator that plots an arrow 10 points after the price has broken through a moving average?

Thanks,

good trading to all

newdigital:
aurorau,

I changed it according to your idea.

I changed indicator improved by increase for alert.

It is the image with default settings.

Thanks New Digital!

Looking for Indi with MA + Parabolic SAR

Does anyone has any indicator using SMA 15, SMA 21, SAM 27 AND Standard Parabolic SAR???

If the SMA 15 ABOVE SMA 21 AND SMA 21 ABOVE SMA 27 AND ALSO the parabolic SAR is Bull

then BUY...

FOR sell is opposite with the buy

(SMA 15 BELOW SMA 21 AND SMA 21 BELOW SMA 27 and also the parabolic SAR is Bearish)

Reason: