Indicators with alerts/signal - page 5

Thanks newdigital, can you help me add the "shift" options into this EMA cross mq4?

newdigital:
You may use this one.

It plays sound with alert on crossing. Besides you may select the first EMA period and second EMA period for crossing.

If you need some particular sounds it is possible to place an other wav file in /sounds folder, then open in MetaTrader "Tools", then "Options", "Events" and select your file for alert. I did not try but I think it should work.

Stochastic Alert

Greetings all,

Last week I decided to clear my charts of many different indicators and concentrate on one......the slow stochastic...5,3,3 on 5 min charts....

(I lied...still had the MACD, S&R and Multi pivots up!)....

Anyway....I did one thing (mainly...:) ) for entries:

on an uptrend, I entered a reversal, when the fast, %K line, was >95% AS LONG AS the slow, % D line, was <90%. ( if %D was above 90% it indicated considerable strength remaining in continued direction).

on a downtrend, I entered a reversal, when the fast, %K line, was 10%...(same logic regarding remaining strength.)

It was highly reliable for early entries (bottoms & tops),....I used S&R levels and Candlestick formations (Doji and Spinning tops) for exiting strategy.

Another thing, I traded EUR, GBP and CHF which were in sync all week. When I got the entry signal from either the EUR or GBP, I entered on all 3 pair.

I exited all 3 simultaneous on any exit formation.

Question: is there an alert signal for the slow stochastic that is (or could be!) structured for the above? It would simply trigger on the fast %K line equal to or greater than 95% or below 5%.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Randy

JMA Cross alert

Thanks Newdigital for the JMA cross alert, works perfectly just what I was looking for.

Mark

leightonbeaty:
Hi,

Is there or is it possible for a alert signal when a EMA crosses the price line?

tks

leighton

Use the EMA you want and then enter the second EMA as 1. It will be close enough to alert you when your ema crosses price. I did that with an ma cross alarm for the 30-34 system.

Conditional MA cross

Many times when MA cross happens it is not really a good signal. That is why MA cross systems have such great losses to whipsaws. So what about an MA alert that only triggers when the price has exceeded some type of support/resistance??? Like camarilla levels or pivot points, S1, R1 etc? This could even be an oscillator in over-bought or oversold levels?? This would be a simple filter to increase the winning trades.

I like the simple 9/30 MA cross setup here:

http://www.trading-naked.com/efuturevision5.htm

Alert Oscillator

Carioca:
Many times when MA cross happens it is not really a good signal. That is why MA cross systems have such great losses to whipsaws. So what about an MA alert that only triggers when the price has exceeded some type of support/resistance??? Like camarilla levels or pivot points, S1, R1 etc? This could even be an oscillator in over-bought or oversold levels??

Oscillator? Yes!

I watched the 5;3;3 Stochastic on 5min tf give good "warning" signals!

If an alert would be programmed to trigger on the fast line(%K) at >95% and <5% it seems to signal very well when it is breaking through and bouncing off of exisitng S&R levels.

goldenequity:
Oscillator? Yes!

I watched the 5;3;3 Stochastic on 5min tf give good "warning" signals!

If an alert would be programmed to trigger on the fast line(%K) at >95% and <5% it seems to signal very well when it is breaking through and bouncing off of exisitng S&R levels.

Take a look at post #5 of this thread.

ZeroLagStochsSignals.mq4

Maybe just what you are looking for.

Carioca:
Take a look at post #5 of this thread.

ZeroLagStochsSignals.mq4

Maybe just what you are looking for.

Hey thanks Carioca......have looked at the zerolag before....

it seems all the STO indicators I found/tried are set to a "cross" not the fast line %d breaking above a percentage mark.....they either trigger when %k "crosses" with %d....or "crosses" with an ma of some kind.

The crosses happen quite often..... but the breaks above/below 95% and 5%

happen alot less.....usually indicate a strong move followed by a bounce/reversal.....I trade the reversals that follow(go with) the intra-day trend.

Still looking.......but thx!:)

Hi mibi, i love this indicator, it's great, but i notice : "the balance time for the next bar closed" only is moving when the rate is moving, can you fix this , and look like the minimum time i can set is " 1 minute", can you change it to minimum "30 sec" b4 bar close. Thanks, great indicator

mibl:
I don't know if I am right here posting this basic time based alarm indicator (if not please tell me).

bar_close_alarm_V1.mq4

Attached you find the indicator (my first programmed) which gives a sound signal x (standard 2) minutes before the next bar closes.

It helps (me) to follow a trading system based on a higher time frame. F.e. with the standard settings you get a reminder 2 minutes before the next bar closing (f.e. tf 30) is near - so that you are able to look at the chart and decide if you want to trade on the next opening bar or not. Then it is not necessary to look at the watch the whole time.

hope you enjoy

mibl

SilverTrend + Triggerline Alert

Hi.. Anyone can build alert from both indicator only if those condition(as shown on picture) fullfill.. Hope to hear from u ALL..

Reason: