Very Profitable Heiken-Ashi System - page 6

yourspace:
hi swordfish

can you tell me the name of the indicator in the picture?

thank you

yourspace

coral from thv cobra

This Heiken show late signal, even in red candle, the line is still bullish, it can not show early reversal and price action. I 'd like an early signal.

Simple but Profitable Trading Strategy with Heiken Ashi

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

I use Daily Time Frame for this method.

Here is the Temporary Result. until now, I am not close this transaction yet.

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

Regards...

ayahama:
[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

I use Daily Time Frame for this method.

Here is the Temporary Result. until now, I am not close this transaction yet.

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

Regards...

How long have you been trading this Ayahama? What kind of results have you had? TIA! :-)

Do you open position on the close of candle crossed? Same question onTP and stop loss. Can you post your template. How are you using support and resistance with this setup? How long have you tried this method? It being the daily it could take a long time to foreward test so any info you can give me to save us time would be much appreciated.

You see Ayahama, when we see these kinds of awesome red and green swings, it looks so rosy.

I think it takes time to master this.

mikejody:
Wow, that is a sobering blog, it is apparent that the drawdown of his system affected him dramatically. And yet for all my testing and trading over the previous years I have not found any system that does not have drawdown, some of them substantial drawdown (in the 20-50% range). This system I am testing now had a 24.9% drawdown, which I admit is substantial. And yet for me, it meets all my other requirements, so time will tell if I am able to live with a drawdown like this.

I didn't actually read the blog (other than the latest post) but I can relate to his sentiment.

Aswell as manual trading I also run EA's and one thing that I have learnt is that EA's only work for so long. However I have been able to make money from EA's by incorporating a simple equity protection strategy.

Run your EA at it's safest setting until you've made back your initial investment, this should then be withdrawn leaving just the profit. After this period start turning up the heat (in most EA's this means switching on money management to compound lots) top slice the account when it makes another 50% profit. Keep repeating this process until the EA blows up the account. When that happens dump the EA.

Another thing is don't just randomly pick an EA, the EA should be well known and contain posts from people that prove it's working. One example of an EA that works is forex morning trade. It's been through a bad patch jan feb and I actually stopped trading it, although it appears to be picking up again so I might put it back into an account. I am actually disappointed in myself for disabling forex morning trade as I didn't stick to my strategy, it never blew up the account and I did have my initial investment back, therefore I should have left it running.

If you diversify your EA's across multiple accounts you stand to make money, one EA per account and each account should start with $1000.

Realisticly speaking you need 5 $1000 accounts running simultaniously to make decent money in forex. Anyone risking everything they've got in one account will loose all their money, that's a fact.

The more accounts you have the more protected you are.

One final note: when you withdraw your 50% profits put 25% in your pocket, the other 25% should go towards a new $1000 account. Any fee's, VPS fee's etc should be paid for out of your own money to keep it simple. If at any point you feel the need to retire from forex just close all positions in all accounts and withdraw everything.

HA indicator is shown in white on both charts.

I thought I'd add to this old thread - the attached indicator is a very good visual guide as it shows the indicator going above and below zero in the higher TF.

In RenkoRange and Range offline charts it obviously does not have a higher timeframe but shows the current colours on screen.

I've attached two screengrabs of a Renko range of 15 pips and a normal 5m chart.

Sadly the indicator needs refreshing to keep it up to date and the coder was unable to get over this problem fully BUT it is still a huge help to safer trading.

TEAMTRADER

But i feel that your risk : reward ratio of 50:55 pips stop loss : take profit is not much to cover up the previous losses, anyways how beneficial that would be if you could alter these parameters.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Usefull links/threads/tools

Sergey Golubev, 2011.08.26 09:30

Heiken Ashi

Heiken Ashi indicators

1. Heikin Ashi (better formula) thread
  2. Heiken-ashi Zero-lag Tema thread
  3. Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed indicator with/without alert fixed by mladen - the thread
  4. Many Jurik indicators with Heiken_Ashi - the thread
  5. NONLAG Heiken Ashi - the thread 
  6. Heiken Ashi Zma indicator with alert - the thread 
  7. Heiken_Ashi_Ma_T3 indicator for Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System thread

Heiken Ashi documentation

1. Heiken Ashi documentation and FAQ - the thread

Trading systems based in Heiken_Ashi

1. HAMA PAD system thread
  2. ISAKAS ashi by Kuskus_Osentogg thread 
  3. Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System thread 
  4. XO_Method REVISED thread 
  5. Heikien-Ashi Smoothed system thread
  6. heiken ashi strategy: some modification of well-known system - the thread 
  7. MMA-Pivot-Fibo system thread

Heiken Ashi EAs

1. Heiken Ashi EAs thread
  2. Pivot System (Heiken Ashi) - the thread

The Article

1. An Example of a Trading System Based on a Heiken-Ashi Indicator - MetaTrader 5 article

Reason: