RSI crossover EA

I have been back testing manually using RSI crossover, as signal for BUY and SELL. It seems to be producing good results. But doing it manually can be a little tedious and prone to some human errors.

Can an EA help test this more accurately?

Another problem, I don't know how to write an EA!

Pinggarcia:
I have been back testing manually using RSI crossover, as signal for BUY and SELL. It seems to be producing good results. But doing it manually can be a little tedious and prone to some human errors.

Whats the cross over. Brief discription. I can put this togeather in no time.

Dave

Pinggarcia

Post your entry and exit rules, i will write an ea for u.

Pinggarcia:

Hi Pinggarcia,

Try to use RVI, it should produce better signals

Cheers,

What settings on RVI please?

How do I "interpret" the crossovers?

Pinggarcia:
What settings on RVI please? How do I "interpret" the crossovers?

Thats a little more complex rsi cross system then I antisipated. One of the more experianced guys will have to do this.

sry

Dave

Hi Dave,

You mean the RVI is complicated or the RSI?

I don't know the RVI too. Can you do the RSI crossover?

Thanks,

Ping

Any updates, guys?

BTW, I was thinking of enhancing the rules for EXITING the open trade.

The STOPLOSS limit remains at 20 pips.

To close the thread, for BUY position:

Initially, the TARGET is set at 20 pips.

Then if the RSI 14 reached the 60 point level, "erase" the 20-pip target and replace by trailing profit by 10 pips (or by 15 pips if that's the minimum allowed),

For SELL position:

Initially, the TARGET is set at 20 pips.

Then if the RSI 14 reached the 40 point level, "erase" the 20-pip target and replace by trailing profit by 10 pips (or by 15 pips if that's the minimum allowed),

Is that possible?

I've done a visual back testing with the strategy pinggarcia presented (RSI cross), and it seems impressive, it catches most of the pips move.

I'm not personally fan of lines crossings, but this one is different. The hardest part of this kind of strategy is the anticipating of the cross. It will be great if someone can build an EA for this.

Actually, no anticipation needed. You'll act only if it CROSSED already!

Maybe you can do the EA? Or knows someone who can?

Hi,

I managed to code these rules for entry (not the exit rules). I used another EA as template (MagicRSi).

It seems to work best in M15

fell free to test.

Files:
pinggarcia.mq4  13 kb
Reason: