Davidke20 VS yeoeleven - Friendly match - page 4

yeoeleven:
Well here we are again posting our results once more.

Must admit I was getting worried there for a while when on MaxTrades4 but a fortunate change of direction closed off in profit. We have decided to close our competition at the end of trading next week so there is another week for me to hang on.

As part of our rules we have decided not to manually interfere with our trades over the period of the competition and also use similar settings and just trade the EURUSD pair. The idea being to analyse and compare the results with a view to making the safest 10points3 expert advisor possible.

So there is a reason for our competition apart from, well in my case and up to now, the enjoyment of seeing the results coming in

John

AMAZING!!! Buy only!!! Still!!!

Hi John - can you post the version of 10p3 you are using ? Thanks

Version

leeb:
Hi John - can you post the version of 10p3 you are using ? Thanks

I am using tururo's Dynamic Stop exactly as posted on page 18 of the 10points3 thread in the MT4 Expert Advisor folder.

After all the EAs that have been modified from his version and from the original from elcactus site I selected the original Dynamic Stop which after long forward testing to date has been the most reliable.

Using the MM1 and Risk3 has given an interesting ride on a Demo account starting at $25000 and I doubt that I would have had the courage to use those money management settings on a live account.

Overall I am hoping that David's modifications hold out on the competition version that he has created because the additional safety that he has obtained to date will outweigh the risky volatility of my testing.

John

yeoeleven:
I am using the 10points3_Dynamic_Stop as modified by tururo and posted on page 18 on the 10points3 thread in the Experts folder. Read the pages before and after to get an understanding of how this EA works especially the Initial Stop and how the Dynamic Stop works.

The settings are as follows:-

TakeProfit=38.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=28.00000000

MaxTrades=5

Pips=18

SecureProfit=28

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2007

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=1

risk=3

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=10201

I am using NorthFinance as a broker on a $25000 demo account.

EURUSD is the only pair being tested on a M30 chart. In selecting EURUSD I was aiming at a middle of the road approach avoiding the more volatile GBPUSD and USDJPY. Money Management was used with the large account to stimulate activity for our competition.

Use any settings that seem appropriate for your testing but don't tell David he may change his tactics

John

Hi,

I testing this Ea, 18 page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page12

EURUSD , M30, your settings.

EA still no trade, backtest no trade.

What is wrong?

I have this EA, no extern indicator. Is it ok?

not working

Hi,

I testing this Ea, 18 page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page12

EURUSD , M30, your settings.

EA still no trade, backtest no trade.

What is wrong?

I have this EA, no extern indicator. Is it ok?

Hi,

I had a problem testing this once and it was because I didn't change the end year on external parameter.

Hope this helped

tools

mrtools:
Hi,

I had a problem testing this once and it was because I didn't change the end year on external parameter.

Hope this helped

tools

wow, thanks!!!

Grandpa is not around temporary. I do myself and him a favor, posting result for end of this week. Meanwhile, we've decided to extend the friendly match until after NonFarmPayroll. Grandpa was having a bad day, 10point3Dynamicstop hit stop loss, drawdown 26%, not too bad though. Mine still hang in there, slightly ahead grandpa after the incident happened. Hope you guys enjoy the race.

Files:
me.gif  6 kb
me.htm  54 kb
grandpa.gif  5 kb
grandpa.htm  24 kb

Hi

Hi,

Great race ...hope in the end can get great EA ...

Hi guys ...just want to know Did u use your computer run 24 hours ? or just couple hours a day ?

==================

Forex Indicators Collection

Results

Thanks David for logging into my account and posting the details.

I am able to access the forum but not my platform, we are on baby sitting duties and I am on my son in law's computer with only dial up access.

As soon as I leave it the dreaded MaxTrades happens and I come crashing back to earth but not to worry the experiences will only help David create the safest EA.

I have my computers on 24/6 and turn it off every Sunday for 12 hours.

The trading through NFP next Friday will be a new experience for me using 10p3 because every other month I have closed down whilst in profit prior to the announcement.

All this competition has been about seeking out the best EA and allowing it to run through NFP will give important data. We have not adjusted any settings since the start but David is taking close notice so that after the comp he will be able to adjust his already safe EA to the ultimate.

John

david

can you adjust the setting of pipbutcher make it like this :

TP : 18

pip : 8

max trade : 12

no initial stop and no trail stop. no account protection

provide me with two magic number, 1 is buy, 1 is sell.

Thanks

Reason: