Universal MA Cross EA - page 49

trading life on MB Trading .... not possible

Hi everybody

First of all, THANKS to firedave and all participants of this thread - this EA is fantastic with a lot of features built in.

I backtested it on several brokers 4 and 5 digits, working fine ...

I did a lot of work to optimize this EA with good results.

But now I'm trying it life on MB Trading ( 5 digit broker ) who has special setting for lot's sizing : 0.1 for 1000 units, 1.0 for 10000 ( mini lot ) and 10.0 for a standard lot.

So of course, I cannot get this excellent EA working and as I am not a programmer, my money management is not working.

Can anybody be smart and help me here please - this EA is so good and I simply don't get it .

Thanks a lot

Woolf

( PS I know it's a error 131 but I cannot program it for MBT correctly )

This ea looks very good,and as a new user to the forum,but not to forex trading, I am pleased to be able to download and trial your ea.

I can see a LOT of work has gone into this,and also that you have constantly upgraded and added extra features to give it a lot of flexibility.

Thank you.

regards

rickyc

Error 131 - Volume Error

Woolf:
Hi everybody

So of course, I cannot get this excellent EA working and as I am not a programmer, my money management is not working.

Thanks a lot - Woolf

Hi Woolf,

Error 131 indicates a "Volume Error" which could come from the market being closed...or bad history data. Try to download/refresh your 1 minute history data for every pair you are trying the EA on.

Then do it again to get the message to "recalculate all timeframes". This should clean up the data for you.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Welcome Kiwi!!!

rickyc2511:
This ea looks very good,and as a new user to the forum,but not to forex trading, I am pleased to be able to download and trial your ea.

I can see a LOT of work has gone into this,and also that you have constantly upgraded and added extra features to give it a lot of flexibility.

Thank you.

regards

rickyc

Welcome Kiwi...

Peace.....

ShortTrack

Try reducing the risk and or the lots size.

Woolf:
Hi everybody

First of all, THANKS to firedave and all participants of this thread - this EA is fantastic with a lot of features built in.

I backtested it on several brokers 4 and 5 digits, working fine ...

I did a lot of work to optimize this EA with good results.

But now I'm trying it life on MB Trading ( 5 digit broker ) who has special setting for lot's sizing : 0.1 for 1000 units, 1.0 for 10000 ( mini lot ) and 10.0 for a standard lot.

Can anybody be smart and help me here please - this EA is so good and I simply don't get it .

Thanks a lot

Woolf

Error 131 is Volume but it is a lotsize upper limit or lower limit you are probably hitting. Try reducing the lot size by a decimal or the risk by a decimal or both in the EA's properties and then post your results. I'm suggesting this after only a brief look at the code.

sn

Ms_Mel:
Just wondering if anyone else gets this error from time to time and if anyone knows what's triggering it or how to FIX it, it's been driving me nuts (and screwing my trades) for weeks

#383 on the previous page (39)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thanks!

Hi all,

I know this quoted message is from a while back, but as I am using this ea, I frequently get the same "error" message when it tries to open a trade.

08:56:08 universalMACrossEA AUDUSD,H1: Prev : DOWN - Curr : UP

08:56:08 universalMACrossEA AUDUSD,H1: MA Cross BUY

08:56:08 stdlib AUDUSD,H1: loaded successfully

08:56:08 universalMACrossEA AUDUSD,H1: Error opening BUY order : (0) no error

I use a 5 digit broker-was this ever found to be the problem or is it something else?

Was it ever addressed? I have been through the thread and not found a definitive answer.

Any help appreciated.

kind regards

rickyc

rickyc2511:
Hi all,

I know this quoted message is from a while back, but as I am using this ea, I frequently get the same "error" message when it tries to open a trade.

08:56:08 universalMACrossEA AUDUSD,H1: Prev : DOWN - Curr : UP

08:56:08 universalMACrossEA AUDUSD,H1: MA Cross BUY

08:56:08 stdlib AUDUSD,H1: loaded successfully

08:56:08 universalMACrossEA AUDUSD,H1: Error opening BUY order : (0) no error

I use a 5 digit broker-was this ever found to be the problem or is it something else?

Was it ever addressed? I have been through the thread and not found a definitive answer.

Any help appreciated.

kind regards

rickyc

Post your .set file and I'll see if I can recreate it. Does it happen in a back test too?

sn

serpentsnoir:
Post your .set file and I'll see if I can recreate it. Does it happen in a back test too? sn

Hi Sn,

To be honest I haven't tried it in a backtest.

I am live trading and just cannot get this ea to trade,everything seems to be set ok. It tries to open an order at a cross, but keeps on coming up with a buy order error, as outlined above.

I have tried changing the tp/stoploss figures to reflect my 5digit broker, but to no avail. I have tried "1000.00" for a 100pip tp, and also the default "100.0." to see if that was the problem-but it still wouldn't open a trade.

Here is the .set file.

if anyone can get it to work,go for it-it's a very promising setfile..

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated.

rickyc

Files:

rickyc2511:
Hi Sn,

To be honest I haven't tried it in a backtest.

I am live trading and just cannot get this ea to trade,everything seems to be set ok. It tries to open an order at a cross, but keeps on coming up with a buy order error, as outlined above.

I have tried changing the tp/stoploss figures to reflect my 5digit broker, but to no avail. I have tried "1000.00" for a 100pip tp, and also the default "100.0." to see if that was the problem-but it still wouldn't open a trade.

Here is the .set file.

if anyone can get it to work,go for it-it's a very promising setfile..

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated.

rickyc

Hope i got right version, this is version from first page, added auto 5 digit could someone please test and see if this works, there is something about distance in the code not sure if this is distance from cross or what but this could have been the reason for problems because it needed 5 digit code fix.

mrtools:
Hope i got right version, this is version from first page, added auto 5 digit could someone please test and see if this works, there is something about distance in the code not sure if this is distance from cross or what but this could have been the reason for problems because it needed 5 digit code fix.

Hi Sn,

Thanks mate -I will load it up and see how it goes.

The "distance" thing you are talking about, is ,I believe, the "minimum cross distance"-which is the min distance in pips between the MA's before it confirms a trade entry.

kind regards

rickyc

Reason: